20<End>

Taehyung's POV:

It’s been over a month since I learned that Jungkook liked me.

Autumn was slowly turning into winter. And today, like usual, I was making food so we could eat dinner together. A delicious scent floated up from the pot I was cooking in.

“What did you want to eat next, Taetae?”

“Oh, I want shirataki… and salmon. …Can you serve it up, Jungkook?”

“Yep. Then leave it to me~”

“Thanks~”

I served up Jungkook’s portion and he served up mine. The flavor shouldn’t be any different, but it felt like he placed a delicious spell on it when he served it.

“What is it, Taetae?”

He tilted his head as he held out my plate, face filled with happiness. After we started going out, he asked if he could call me by  nick  name and I agreed.

I still wasn’t used to it, but when he called my name, I felt warm and happy.

“…It’s sudden, but thanks for liking me, Kookie.”

I started drinking my tea out of embarrassment after thanking him, but he seemed to be lost in thoughts as he stared at me. He finally spoke when I placed my glass down.

“…Can I ask you something, Taetae?”

“W-what is it?”

“When did you start liking me?”

“Eh-“

While I was stunned by his sudden question, he continued in a slightly dark voice, “You said you like me, but I was wondering when you came to like me.”

His serious, strong gaze seemed to stare right through me. But there was some kind of darkness shimmering behind his eyes that seemed to suck me in.

…But, what should I do? Should I say, “I fell for you when I saw you eating my muffin”? But I’d be embarrassed if he thought all I thought about was food.

Actually, he wouldn’t think that. But I couldn’t get rid of my embarrassment. I didn’t want to be weird, even if he didn’t think I was.

“D-do I have to say it? Can it wait until our anniversary?”

“This is the anniversary of the fifty-forth day since we started dating.”

“U-um… And you want to hear it..?”

“I do. You may not like it, but I really want to hear it… No matter what it is.”

I felt my chest squeeze at his low voice. He gripped my hand tightly and chided me when I looked away.

“…F-from the m… muffin.”

“Muffin?”

“Um, that, the cooking class, I saw when Lisa gave you that muffin. And then, when I saw your s-smile, my heart squeezed… And since then, little by little, I started to come to like you.”

“Really…?”

I raised my gaze to see Jungkook staring straight at me with his mouth slightly agape, looking more shocked than I expected. His shocked expression combined with the love I felt for him slowly calmed me down. But when he suddenly touched my cheek, my heart jumped up and started running a marathon.

“Eh, Jungkook?”

“…You know, that muffin? Before I accepted it, I already knew you made it, Taetae.”