5

Taehyung's POV:

I sighed while staring out of the hallway window. It had been raining since the morning with no signs of stopping. The sky was full of dark, dim clouds and students rushed home while avoiding puddles.

It’s been a week since I started making lunch for Jungkook. It wasn’t troubling enough that I had to refuse, so I’ve been continuing to make him bento boxes from then.

Today Jungkook ate the bento I made and complimented me with a smile. Just thinking about it made my chest feel murky. Even now, at the shoe lockers after school, the feeling didn’t let up. Somehow I felt completely different from the students holding plastic umbrellas, as if separated by a membrane.

Because of that, I was so spaced out during fifth period that I bumped into a boy from the basketball club and broke my pencil case. The metal fitting broke and I couldn’t close it anymore, so now I was using a clip to keep it shut. I used it since middle school and these things happen, but the thought of going out to buy a new one in the rain was making me feel a bit down.

Students in club jerseys passed by next to me. There were also students remarking about the downpour outside while staring out the schoolyard window with displeased looks. While I was looking around me, my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

Who? Mom and Dad wouldn’t be calling because of their time zone.

Checking the screen, my eyes widened when I saw Jungkook’s name on the screen. He left early after finishing lunch because of work today. I moved to the corner and turned down the volume so no one could hear before answering.

“Hello…?”

“Hey, it’s me. Sorry for calling so suddenly. Where are you right now? In school?”

“Yeah, I’m about to head home.”

“Got it. Hey, sorry for asking so suddenly, but do you have time today? I want you to come shopping with me. There are some things I can’t get without you, Taehyung…”

“Eh, y-yeah. Sounds good, I guess?”

“Thanks. Then, can you come to the clock by the shopping mall in front of the station?”

There was a bus station in front of the school that went to the station. Because everyone used it, there were timetables for the bus posted all over school. One near me said that it departed soon.

“Okay. The bus is leaving soon so I’ll go now.”

“Sorry. And thanks.”

I tapped the screen, ending the call.

I’m going out shopping with Jungkook. What should I do? I just went with the flow, but he was an entertainer. There were many reasons why it’s bad… But, I already agreed…

No, right now Jungkook was troubled. He always paid me way too much money so I had to give back to him somehow. I took a steady breath, put my phone in my pocket, and left school.

***

I arrived in front of the clock like he said. The area was filled with couples. Even though it was raining a lot, it was Friday so the area was bustling with students and employees.

While checking the area and the colorful umbrellas, I saw a slender figure that could not be considered ordinary holding a black umbrella.

Jungkook.

I thought he would be disguised, but he was just wearing his uniform and a mask. The umbrella hid his face, so I didn’t think anyone noticed him. While I was lost on how to call out to him, he noticed me.