8

Taehyung's POV:

"It seems like you've been buying more vegetables lately. What's going on?"

Today was a holiday, a month after I first started making Jungkook's dinners. While the storekeeper at the greengrocer was calculating my total, Jenne stood next to him and tilted her head.

It was true that the amount of vegetables... or more like, the amount of ingredients I have been buying has doubled.

I went from buying one person's worth to two people's because of Jungkook, but I couldn't just say, "I'm cooking lunch and dinner for a boy in my class." I couldn't answer if she asked me why.

Also, it will be summer vacation soon. I still haven't asked Jungkook what he planned on eating for lunch and dinner over the break.

I usually gave him frozen meals I made on the weekend and explained how to prepare it over the phone, but it would be difficult to do that every single day. The temperature will be hotter, too.

But I couldn't just ask him if we could meet up so I could give him his bento. I would feel bad if he thought I was making an excuse to see him during the holiday.

"Um, it's for practice, I guess?"

"I see. I was just thinking that you were buying a ton of vegetables. I thought you were making smoothies."

"Smoothies..."

Drinking was easier than eating, and it was a great way to make up for malnourishment.

But, smoothies were more about supplementing for nutrients you lacked in your regular diet. I wondered if it would be good for him if he couldn't eat in the first place...

Models in general didn't seem to eat much, but Jungkook ate plenty.

Actually, he was slim and his arms and legs were slender, so I wondered where all that food went. He said before, "I digest things quickly so I get hungry easily," and that made me wonder if a fast-digesting liquid like smoothies would be a good fit for him.

"Oh, right. Listen to this, Taetae oppa."

"Hm?"

"Jungkook was asked in an interview about the ideal woman, but look at this! He said his favorite type!"

Jenne pulled out a magazine from under the register and spread it out. It seemed like she read it when there were no customers. In bubbly, pink and yellow text, the top of the page read, "Jeon Jungkook's View on Love" and below it was his answers in a Q&A format.

"His favorite type was 'The cutest girl in the world'...! Jungkook has definitely got to have a girlfriend, right? He wouldn't make that face if he didn't. He was totally using the magazine to talk about his sweetheart. Here, look at where they ask him what he wants to do with the person he loves. He said he wants to enjoy a casual meal together. Doesn't it seem like they're living together? I'm so jealous! The interview was about how they're going to be shooting a kiss scene in the summer and I was like, wow! But then I saw this and I was like even more wow!"

Jenne kept closing and opening the magazine while repeating, "Seriously, wow!"

Did Jungkook have a girlfriend?

He was very popular, but if he had a girlfriend, I didn't think he would invite a classmate like me out shopping with him.

Plus, he bought mugs with my favorite color just because they didn't have his. If he had a girlfriend, he surely would have bought some with her favorite colors.