Extra Chapter

Alternate Ending:

This chapter is a bonus “what if” bad ending.

______

Taehyung's POV:

“There.”

I put the plate with the curry and the platter with the naan on the table.

I thought about wanting to give it to Jungkook, but unlike when we made muffins, we couldn’t bring the curry home. Instead, I looked in his direction at the same time his group finished cooking.

“This turned out really good, Jungkook.”

“Yeah.”

The girls in his group were chatting happily with Jungkook. He was turned away from me so I couldn’t see his expression.

No.

My chest was beginning to hurt. My chest always hurt when I looked at Jungkook, but this felt different and more painful. It was different from when Lisa confronted me. My head felt foggy and even though I knew I should look away, I couldn’t.

“It turned out delicious! Hey, you eat too, Jungkook! I cut the vegetables.”

“And I added the spices! Eat up, Jungkook!”

Don’t eat it.

I couldn’t say that. Who did I think I was? And yet, my greedy, disgusting thoughts wouldn’t stop.

“Is it delicious, Jungkook? Well?”

“Eat some more.”

I couldn’t hear his reply over the sounds of cooking and dishes. I could only see Jungkook’s back, so I didn’t have to see him eat.

Before now, I always liked to watch him eat, but now I was glad I could only see his back.

I wanted Jungkook to be well. I wanted to make him happy, but why was I thinking like this? The more I learned about him, the more I came to like him and the more idiotic I became. No more. I didn’t know why I was thinking such horrible thoughts. Why was I like this?

“How much do they think they know me? They’ve taken the liberty of deciding we were friends.”

“Do they even think of me as a human?”

My face heated up painfully from remembering Jungkook’s words.

No. Why am I thinking of that? Why does my chest hurt? I should be happy. But this was painful. I hate this. It hurts. This dirty feeling, the feeling that could torment or hurt Jungkook, came up more and more, and it was painful. I wanted to hurry up and stop liking him. And to stop… There was something I could do.

…Thinking about it, my feelings might have been the same as the ones that hurt him in the first place. The people who forced him into friendships and hurt him all must have started out simply liking him. There was a chance they felt the same way I do now.

There was a chance my feelings for Jungkook could become distorted.

I felt my whole body freeze at that thought.

Right now, I was making Jungkook’s lunch and dinner. And I’ve also made him breakfast and snacks. I’m making most of his food now. And I was happy, but maybe, just maybe, if Jungkook found out about my feelings- no, before that, if my feelings became distorted, then he would be deeply, horribly hurt.

There was a chance my feelings were already distorted. Because I was feeling jealous over a cooking class.

I didn’t want to betray Jungkook. If Jungkook found out, it would be a terrible betrayal to him. It would definitely cause him horrible pain. Right now, I’ve betrayed him. I am betraying him.