18

Jungkook's POV:

“Apparently it’s really convenient. You can find your soulmate there or if you go with a lover, you’ll be tied together forever.”

“Really?”

I grabbed Taehyung by the hand and dragged him away from his school trip group, taking him to the matchmaking shrine. I didn’t believe in gods. I didn’t care about fortunes or superstitions. That hasn’t changed, but there wasn’t a thing I wasn’t willing to try to get him.

But lately he’s begun to act strangely. During cooking class, he gave her food away to the man that broke his pencil case, and even though he didn’t have any plans, he said he had errands and avoided me…

It was almost like Taehyung liked someone other than me. He looked anxious about going to the shrine.

When I asked, “Did you not want to go?” He responded with a weak smile and,  “I did. I think it would be fine to find my soulmate.”

“Hm, does that mean you don’t have anyone you like?”

“Of course. My happiness is cooking and eating delicious food.” He said and faked a smile.

I’ve been watching him for forever now so I was able to immediately tell the difference between his fake smiles and his honest ones. Taehyung lied. He lied to me.

“What about Bogum?”

I asked, hoping he would deny it, but after a moment of surprise, he smiled to deceive me. As soon as I saw him smile, my heart froze over. I wanted to be kind. I didn’t want him to hate me. I wanted him to like me.

But I might have no choice but to kill him or steal him away.

I was going to have him stay over at my house once more and bring up the hassle of transportation and the cost and have him move in with me. If I told him I was in danger, kind, gentle Taehyung would be fooled. I would trick him into moving in with me.

Then as soon as I turned eighteen, I would trick Taehyung into temporarily adding me to his family registry by saying that a malicious fan was trying to add me to their’s. Then after that…

I would get Taehyung to drink alcohol or something else and seal the deal. He would never choose to abandon me. So when he can’t run away, I would say that I gradually came to love him and propose.

Then we’ll create a bond. And I can live. He will be by my side forever. Then one day, maybe, just maybe, he would come to like me. Because Taehyung was foolishly kind.

But now I understood that that scenario was impossible. Because Taehyung liked someone other than me.

One more thought I had was to swallow Taehyung whole. That way I could hide him in my stomach and no one could see him. I didn’t care if it would hurt. I would just take it one bite at a time. That way even if he liked someone else, we would be together forever.

I would rather do that than take him by force. There would be no more need for forgiveness or blame. I didn’t know if stealing him or killing him would be better. I liked Taehyung. I wanted her. So why doesn’t he like me?

“You’re not denying it?”

“A-anyways, let’s go! To the matchmaking shrine!”

When I asked Taehyung for a glimpse of hope, it was shattered immediately. I almost burst out laughing. But I couldn’t start laughing out of the blue so I gripped his hand harder to distract him. I didn’t care anymore. I should just steal him and devour him already. Everything was already over. It didn’t matter anymore. I’ll just take everything. It doesn’t matter if he cries and screams and tries to get away from me.

But I’ll never let him get away. Tonight, he will be mine.

Even while I thought that, I still couldn’t get rid of my hope that I would somehow get his heart. I didn’t want him to hate me so I just gripped Taehyung’s hand tightly. I wanted him to kill me. I wanted Taehyung to kill me.

“Jungkook?”

“Let’s go tie some threads and cut away the ones we don’t need.”

“Y-yeah?”

Apparently if a couple who didn’t feel the same way for each other went to this matchmaking shrine, they would fall into hell. The shrine was originally built to mourn the deaths of two people who were torn apart by their love for each other.

I loved Taehyung, but who would die from Taehyung entering the shrine?

I took an oblivious Taehyung along the path to hell.