4

Taehyung's POV:

It was the day after Jungkook gave me ten-thousand yen. I was sitting on a bench waiting for him next to the door he designated.

It may have been quiet, but that was probably a good thing since I was meeting Jungkook today. It would be bad if some strange rumors started spreading if someone saw me hand him a bento.

I shrunk in a little and readjusted my grip on the larger lunch bag I was holding.

Anyways, Jungkook should already know that I'm not a professional. So I decided to cook like normal and return the change.

I calculated the calories and nutritional value. I made it with that consideration in mind, but I was particularly worried about the main dish, the rice.

As for the lunch box itself, I found a disposable plastic and paper one at the general store and used that.

The total cost of the bento box, chopsticks, and ingredients was roughly 1500 yen.

So I put the remaining 8500 yen back in the envelope from yesterday and was holding it. Today I would hand him his bento, return the money, and leave. And then I'll find somewhere else to eat lunch.

I felt uneasy thinking that someone could see us or take a picture or something.

Jungkook walked out of the entrance while I was imagining it. He had his arms folded together and was wearing a dark gray sweater, unlike yesterday's blazer.

Today was warmer than usual, so I was also wearing a sweater, but I didn't know he was wearing that color. He was absent because of work in the morning. I hurried to stand up and he laughed when I bowed.

"You don't need to bow. More like, I should be doing that."

"Oh, um, here you are, Jungkook."

"Thank you. It must have been difficult making lunch for two, but I'm happy that you did."

Jungkook's face broke out into a smile when I ran up to him and held out his bento. It made me happy to see him happy. I bowed again and went to leave when he grabbed my wrist.

I reflexively took a step back from having my arm suddenly grabbed, but Jungkook stepped closer.

"Did you have other plans?"

"No..."

"Then can't we eat together? I want to eat while listening to how you made it, but is that no good?"

Jungkook tilted his head, but I was just bewildered. He asked me to make him food because he didn't like to be surrounded by people. If he wanted to know how it was made, I could just write it on a piece of paper. While I was wondering what to do, he looked at the lunch box I was holding.

"It seems like you have your own bento. C'mon, I know a secret place we can go to."

"Wha-"

Jungkook started walking while still holding my hand. It would be dangerous to be seen like this. Looking around, there were no other students here, but there was no guarantee it would stay like that so I followed him with uneasiness.