13

Jungkook's POV:

My plan was going so well that it was frightening. Since the start of summer vacation, Taehyung has been coming to my house to cook lunch and dinner, and we’ve been able to spend time together without anyone seeing. He even agreed to go the aquarium with me when I used my drama as an excuse. He doesn’t refuse me at all. Even if his eyes shook with uneasiness, he still agreed.

But even though the plan should have been going well and I shouldn’t have anything to worry about, there was still a storm in my heart.

“Sorry for making you wait.”

In the station that hasn’t been very busy since Summer, I called out to him as he stared into a show window. I saw Taehyung’s casual clothes many times when he came to my house. He preferred clothes that looked normal over cute clothes. But today he was wearing a brighter outfit than usual.

I did hear him check his phone and go in front of his mirror countless times, saying stuff like, “I need clothes that won’t embarrass Jungkook…” “Ehh, I have no idea…” and “I’m glad I bought that magazine…”, but seeing him in person felt completely different. Since Taehyung was someone who didn’t spend much time choosing his clothes, it delighted me that he did it all for me.

“Cute.”

He was always cute, every second of every day. Feelings that I couldn’t express well floated up as we started our date. We headed to the aquarium while holding hands.

I was wearing glasses so no one noticed it was me as we walked hand-in-hand together in broad daylight. I touched him often to get him used to it, but I was never able to get used to it myself. His hand was smooth and a little cool and his fingertips felt a bit different than after he had his hands in water. His fingers were so irreversibly lovely that I want to put them in my mouth. Instead, I ended up laughing like a child.

“Jungkook?”

“It’s nothing. I’m just a little happy since this is my first time going to the aquarium.”

Taehyung looked shocked.

“I didn’t really have much interest before. But then I became a bit interested in the living versions of the food you make me.”

“T-That…”

He seemed conflicted over what I said. But it wasn’t as if I was lying. I was never interested in fish before, but after seeing him handling them, I became a bit interested in seeing them in motion.

I led Taehyung around the aquarium while looking at the pamphlet. “It seems like the ocean fish are over there. Here are the river fish.” Then, I led him to a place where we would need to get closer to see the beautiful fish and I talked about my appetite so he didn’t get alarmed.

“T-to think you liked fish this much, Jungkook…”

“Yeah. It’s because of your delicious meals. It’s partly because of you that I’ve become so greedy, you know?”

Even though I didn’t feel anything before. Didn’t want anything. But he gave me hunger and thirst.

“Um, that makes me happy, but I don’t think you’re greedy at all. I’m just happy you eat what I give you.”