9

Jungkook's POV:

"Now then, today I would like to cover your view on love for the drama airing in the fall, Jungkook. My name is IU, and I’m a writer. I look forward to talking with you today."

“Me too.”

Under the conference room lights, I smiled next to my manager. Sitting across from me was a magazine editor and the one who wrote this interview. I had a magazine interview today. After our greetings, the writer’s eyes sharpened.

“May I ask your type of girl…?”

For some reason, I couldn’t say my simple, prepared answer of “the cutest boy in the world”. Taehyung’s face came to my mind. But I felt like I shouldn’t say “boy” lightly, it is bad for my public image, mostly my fanbase came from young girls and they can't digest there idol being interested in same gender i have to cover this up so I responded with a strained voice, “She has to have black hair, I guess.” The writer knew I had already been asked about my type dozens of times, so she didn’t seem to mind the change.

“Black hair…! If I put that in the magazine, then all the brown haired girls in the country would dye their hair black!”

“No way.”

“Is there anything else you like, like personality?”

“I’m attracted to calm… yet straightforward girls, especially when tasked with a large burden. Also she would need to be good at cooking. Since I’m not good at cooking, I’m just genuinely impressed by those who can.”

“Woah! Thanks for the useful information! I will be writing this entire interview, so please give me more details on this. …Thank you so much!”

“Don’t say it like that, IU.”

A person from the publisher rushed in, amusing my manager next to me. I was also slightly amused, but was mostly very out of place.

I was attracted to Taehyung’s smile. His smile from that time. I shouldn’t have even known anything about his personality then. It was love at first sight. But why did I like him now?

“Next, when was your first love?”

“In middle school… around my third year.”

“Eh- that was recent! Then, what about the girl?”

“Someone from a different school. I feel in love at first sight… Well, we didn’t even talk then.”

“Eh!? If I write this, will our office go up in flames? Is this okay? …Wait? Does that mean you have experience with dating, Jungkook?”

“I don’t.”

“Wow! Eh!? What do I do!? Woah, I want to write! This is completely unexpected! The fans will definitely go crazy! Woah, I’m sweating so much.”

“Please calm down, IU.”

The writer grabbed her memo in excitement before the publisher silenced her. This time, the publisher questioned me.

“Now then, this drama portrays the character you play as someone drowning in unrequited love for his older childhood friend, the heroine. Please tell us about your worries and what you are focusing on for the performance.”