15

Jungkook's POV:

Summer vacation had ended and September had begun, but it was still hot out. I was surrounded in a hallway I didn’t want to be in, leaning against the wall next to the classroom door, my phone in my hand while I listened to the girls talk.

“Oh yeah, remember the trip at the end of this month? I’m super excited for it! Are you off of work for it, Jungkook?”

“I don’t know yet. I have filming so I might have to come late or leave early. But I don’t think I’ll be there the whole time.”

“Really!? Aww~!”

I pretended to check my phone, fed up the their screaming that pierces my ears, and spied on Taehyung. He was staring at a cookbook at his seat next to the window.

When I first kissed him, he showed signs of being self-conscious around me, but he gradually got used to me again. It was good that he was comfortable around me, but he was too good at adapting.

“Hey, I noticed that Lisa hasn’t been coming over here lately.”

“True~ I wonder why. Even though she was always ‘Jungkook this, Jungkook that’ before the end of vacation.”

“Right?”

The girls around me tilted their heads. Right now, Lisa was talking with her friends. But unlike in July, her voice was low and she brought her shoulders closer to herself.

Two weeks had passed since the end of summer vacation, but Lisa and the others didn’t seem like they were going to spread the word about what happened in the aquarium. Of course. It was because I denied what she said after she made jealous comments to her classmate. I stumbled upon an interesting revelation when I looked into punishing her like I did with Bogum, and I felt refreshed to know that I won’t have to see that face in a few more days.

“Oh, are you working, Jungkook?”

“No. I’m just cleaning up a bit. I have to delete some things because my phone has too much on it…” I said and opened a picture of Lisa from a folder on my phone.

A video of her shoplifting played on my screen, but because of the reflection, no one around me could see. She wasn’t a model, but she was wearing brand-name clothes, which made me think that her parents had a lot of money. But they lived in a run-down house that was far from the station.

Then, I wonder when I should release this? I would like to use it at a time where it’s most effective.

“Oh.”

My eyes naturally turned to Taehyung once I heard his voice. He spoke in a whisper, so no one else noticed. I was worried about why he spoke up when I got a message.

“I swapped cleaning duty with Jimin today, so I’ll go to your house afterwards.“

I heard this morning that Suga fell over and ruined his bag, so Taehyung switched with Park so he could go out to buy a new one with him. I could hear everything he said in the classroom, but it made me happy that he sent me a message.

“What is it, Jungkook? Do you have work? Can you not go on the trip?”

“I don’t know. It’s still up in the air.”

I often talked about trivial things with Taehyung at home. I couldn’t at school. There were people like Lisa everywhere.

I don’t want to hurt Taehyung, I thought while staring at him, but then Bogum entered my line of sight.

“What are you reading, Taehyung? Is that a cookbook…?”

“Yep. It’s a book on nutrition.”

“Oh, so you’re interested in cooking… Now that I think about it, you seemed really skilled during cooking class.”