17

Taehyung's POV:

The next day, I was staring at red leaves swaying outside of the train’s window.

This train was heading to the resort our school trip was located at.

We had to arrive at school early today since the amount of time it would take to get from the station closest to school to our destination was about two hours. Everyone was wearing their casual clothes instead of their uniforms, all either sitting in their seats or huddled by the door, talking happily.

“Are you okay, Suga? If you start feeling dizzy, let me know right away.”

“Mm.”

And Jimin was taking care of Suga like usual.

Since Suga was wearing his usual parka, he didn’t look much different from normal.

On the other hand, Jimin, despite looking very anxious, was wearing casual clothes that made him seem very different from how he usually looked.

As I was watching those two from the corner of my eye, I heard a girl begin to talk.

“Oh yeah, is Jungkook not coming today?”

“I guess he has work.”

“Really…? That sucks.”

They were the girls who were close to Lisa before.

Even though they were always the rowdiest in the class, since Lisa got expelled from shoplifting, they haven’t been as rowdy.

“Oh wait, have you seen Jungkook’s kiss in his drama?”

“I saw! His partner, um? What was her name? The girl who was on the special the other day in the third row from the front. I was so envious of her I got a little jealous.”

“Me too. I saw an interview with him the other day, and he said they were shooting right after the summer break. I was surprised that he didn’t say anything about it at all.”

“It must be nice to go out with Jungkook for work! Just how much virtue did she gain in her past life?”

I felt my mood worsen as the girls got more excited. Maybe because Jungkook was gone and I was distracted.

I should have known that he was active on TV and in magazines, and that he would be talked about even if he wasn’t there. But it’s like he wouldn’t leave my head.

Those girls were still talking about Jungkook, but I couldn’t let myself get depressed over it. I wanted to stop liking him. Then I could properly face him and give him the food I made.

While praying for my thoughts to disappear, I leaned against the wall and waited for the train to arrive at our destination.

***

“From here on is your free time. But you must return before night.”

The teacher looked over all of us in the class in front if a large museum.

After arriving at our destination safely, we went to the museum to see the exhibits and had lunch at the attached cafeteria.

And now we all have free time. According to the handout given to us beforehand, we had to return to our hotel by 5 PM, take a roll call with the teacher near the front desk, have dinner, take a bath, and go to bed.

It was around 1 PM now so we had about four hours of free time before we had to gather together.

“Did you want to go together, Taehyung?”