16

Taehyung's POV:

“Hah, I wonder if Suga is okay…”

Jimin held his head between his hands. Today was cooking class. It’s been a while since this happened because of summer vacation. The menu consisted of curry and naan baked in the oven. After listening to the teacher’s explanation and getting the cooking utensils together, we gradually added water to the flour and kneaded the dough for the naan.

“What if Suga burns himself? What if he sticks his hand in the pot when the curry is boiling…? He could also chop off a finger while cutting up vegetables…”

“Jimin, you should go to Suga. I’ll be fine.”

I patted Jimin on the shoulder. He was worrying so much that his eyes looked dull. It would be best for him to go to Suga’s group again. Because he might really be in danger.

After half a year of being in the same class, all our classmates realized the extreme danger surrounding Suga.

And the danger happens daily. His childhood friend understood this more than anyone, so his concern was appropriate.

He would probably lose his mind if I made him participate in a different group while he was worrying so much.

“Then leave the stubborn grease stains to me…!”

After thinking about my words for a while, he said something that sounded like an advertisement for detergent and went to Suga.

“We’re in different groups for this cooking class.”

I turned as soon as I heard a muffled voice to see Jungkook standing right next to me.

Strangely, he wasn’t surrounded by girls. He seemed to have come over to grab a bowl, but he glared at me while holding a bowl and wooden spatula.

“Yes…?”

“It’s a huge shame. Can’t I join your group?”

“Y-you can’t. If you did that, all the girls who wanted to be part of your group would panic.”

“I see. That’s unfortunate.”

The other day, a huge commotion happened around Suga during a science class. Jimin was in a different group and the teacher took their eyes off of him for just a moment.

Jimin rushed to put out the flames, but it was still a small scale fire cause by the flambé.

That’s why everyone in class was okay with Jimin joining Suga’s group. In fact, they insisted.

But Jungkook was different.

If everyone was allowed to switch groups, every girl would be scrambling to join Jungkook’s. So Suga and Jimin were the only exception.

“We haven’t been able to eat dinner together lately, even though I’ve wanted to.” After whispering that, Jungkook left.

It’s been about two weeks since I realized my feelings towards him. We haven’t been eating dinner together since then. Including lunch on the weekends.

I just gave him the bento I made him and we didn’t eat together.

One time I had errands to run. Another time I was visiting a relative’s house. I’ve been making excuses to avoid Jungkook.

He looked lonely, but I couldn’t spend a lot of time with him and risk my feelings being exposed. If he knew how I felt about him, it would surely be a huge trauma to him.

Jungkook said that he didn’t feel comfortable with the people who liked him romantically.

Because of the incident in the spring where the employee took secret photographs of him and he was so distressed that he couldn’t eat, I knew he must have a mountain of traumatic incidents that I didn’t know about.