19

Taehyung's POV:

After adjusting the temperature of the water in the bathtub, I waited for Jungkook by the door.

He was probably soaked because he was in a rush. It would be best to warm him up quickly.

I grabbed a towel to finish my preparations and heard a knock on the door. “Taehyung,” Jungkook’s voice called.

“Coming!”

Like I expected, when I opened the door, his hair and clothes were soaked as he stood there holding his travel bag.

Water droplets dripped off his pale brown hair and down his cheeks. His clothes were also soaked to the point of being another color.

I immediately handed him the towel I was holding.

“Are you okay, Jungkook?”

“Yeah…”

“I also prepared the bath so you should enter it!”

“Okay.”

Jungkook was looking down so I couldn’t see his expression.

He was probably trying to stop the water from getting in his eyes. I grabbed his arm and led him to the bathroom, closing the door to the changing room so he could change his clothes right away.

“There’s a change of clothes in the basket.”

I prepared a change of clothes before Jungkook arrived.

The change of clothes was in the closet, but I didn’t use it since I brought pajamas with me.

All the rooms were individual rooms and no one was given a particular room, so since we went by role call order, the floors weren’t separated by gender.

In any case, I heated up water in an electric kettle for when he gets out and sat down on a chair.

I didn’t know all the details, but from what he told me, his lodging wasn’t available after his shooting and then it started raining. He was probably in the rain for a while. I was worried that he would catch a cold.

I wish I had a warm water bottle… or something to keep him warm so he could sleep properly.

It probably wasn’t quite the season for hand warmers… But even though it was almost time for lights out, I wondered if I could make it back in time if I went to the convenience store now.

It would be good to go to the nearest convenience store and get some warm food to heat him up. But if I just left while he was in the bath, it would probably make him worried….

Looking at the clock, I had fifteen minutes until lights out. If I left now, I couldn’t get back in. When I sighed at my powerlessness, the hair dryer entered my vision.

“Oh right, the dryer…”

Thinking that I could dry Jungkook’s clothes, I turned to the changing room. I knocked just in case before I entered the room, and I could see a human figure through the frosted glass of the shower door.

“jungkook, um, I thought I should dry your clothes.”

“…Thanks.”

His voice through the door sounded hoarse, almost like he was crying. “Are you okay?” I asked and he responded with a curt, “Yes.”

I was concerned, but he would surely hate to have a long conversation while still in the bath.

I grabbed his wet clothes out of the changing room and hung them up in the closet.