Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Training Match

The shooting game Gun King had a very rich map library. There were cities, islands, jungles, mountains… a variety of battle maps of different sizes made the professional league more exciting.

The official difficulty of the map was divided into three stars, four stars and five stars.

A three star map was a map that often appeared in the online game qualifying matches. It was simple and easy to remember. They just had to practice it a few times to remember the direction and path. It was suitable for novice players who were getting started.

Four star maps were often used in the professional league. For example, the Skyscraper they just played on was a four star map. It had a large number of obstacles and forked paths that made it convenient for professional players to detour and maneuver. The coaches could also arrange different tactics according to different maps.

The biggest feature of a five star map was the complex terrain and environmental interference. Environmental interferences included heavy rain, fog, snow, hurricanes, waves, etc. It wasn’t stable and it was rare for it to be used in the professional league.

Pirate Base was one of the most complicated five star maps in the gap.

There was a dilapidated pirate ship that floated in the middle of the sea while the players on both sides were spawned at the bow and stern respectively. The huge waves that occurred every minute would make the hull shake violently and it was easy for the bullets fired by the players to be deflected. The players could dive into the water to hide, they could fight directly on the deck or they could hide in the cabins to play a guerrilla battle.

Jiang Shaoyu chose such a complicated map for their training match in order to see the accuracy of their marksmanship, their teamwork and their ability to adapt to changes.

Of course, the most important thing was their psychological quality.

The urging in Jiang Shaoyu’s gaze caused the 10 people who were named to quickly find a place to sit.

Lao Lin created a custom match room and pulled the others in. Then he chose the map. Jiang Shaoyu entered the match room from the referee’s point of view and typed: Let’s go.

The map of the game loaded and the group of people held their breaths nervously.

Team 1 was the charger Shi Xiaobin, the assaulter Xia Li, the sniper Liu Shaozhou, the scout Ye Qingming, and the medic Zhang Yue.

Team 2 was the charger Lu Xingyun, the assaulter Zhou Yiran, the sniper Mo Hantian and the medic Ming Xi.

The way that Coach Jiang split up the teams wasn’t random. The strength of the two teams was actually pretty evenly matched.

The most powerful person in Team 1 was the sniper Liu Shaozhou. Shi Xiaobin and Xia Li in the front row were members of the Gourd Babies Squad.

The most powerful person in Team 2 was the assaulter Zhou Yiran. Xiao Lu and Xiao Tang were newcomers who had just been scolded. As for Mo Hantian… his eyes were still red.

Overall, Team 1 was strong in ranged combat and Team 2 was strong in melee combat.

The team that won the battle would depend on teamwork.

This difficult map wasn’t used in the professional league so they hadn’t practiced with it at all. Everyone couldn’t help being nervous about playing a training match on a relatively unfamiliar map.

The game started with Team 1 spawning at the stern and Team 2 at the bow.

Ye Qingming jumped directly into the sea, trying to move around the sea for scouting. Tang Kai of Team 2 thought the same and also jumped in. The two people happened to choose the sea area on the same side.