Chapter 78

Chapter 78: Partial Player

The coaches of the previous clubs only thought about ‘recommending popular players to the national team to make them seem special’. Zhu Hong was the first coach who thought about the problem from the perspective of ‘recommending talents’ since Jiang Shaoyu had inspected so many clubs.

The structure of the national team was different from that of the major teams and the format of the World Series was completely different from the domestic A-grade Pro League.

Players like Xia Li could indeed ‘develop their strengths and avoid their weaknesses’ when placed in the national team. She didn’t need to play every game but should be put where she was ‘needed’.

The thing the national team’s coach had to do was reasonably arrange the players of different teams and different styles to form the best lineup.

The overall strength of the last national team wasn’t good. In the first round of the World Series, they played a total of three matches. Xia Li was a substitute and didn’t have a chance to play. She traveled abroad and returned.

Jiang Shaoyu’s impression of the ‘Third Baby’ was a belligerent and hot-tempered female alpha with a straightforward personality, but there was nothing bad about her. She played games without paying enough attention to detail and rushed forward with a big grin. She could sometimes confuse herself on the map.

However, her advantages were obvious—accurate marksmanship and excellent instantaneous reflexes.

Jiang Shaoyu turned around and asked, “Xia Li is the main force on your SN team, right?”

Zhu Hong nodded. “Xia Li was trained by me and we usually make tactics around her. We also have a substitute assaulter called Liu Xiaorong. He has a different style from her but is more stable than her. I will let Liu Xiaorong play when necessary.”

Jiang Shaoyu didn’t say anything else and watched the game seriously.

The players in the training room didn’t know that the national team’s coach was watching and their expressions were relatively relaxed. In this relaxed state of mind, they could better display their own level.

There were many street battles and encounters on this Cross Street map, especially in the blind area of the sniper’s field of view. The melee fighters, the charger, assaulter and scout were often caught off guard by the enemy’s sneak attack or would bump into the opponent head-on.

This was a test of the player’s instant reaction ability.

The moment they encountered an opponent, they had to immediately make a judgment. Hide or fight? How to fight and how to adjust the angle of shooting?

If a player had slow reflexes during an encounter, they might be killed by the opponent within a few seconds during the hesitation. Or the shot would miss and a rare opponent would be missed.

Xia Li’s encounter ability was indeed excellent.

Several times when she suddenly encountered an opponent without any vision, she could always shoot at the fastest speed and sweep the opponent to death in an instant! If she was detected and attacked, she could run while hiding. She moved quickly, found a nearby bunker and fell back in seconds.

This was a very aggressive player with a passionate and violent style of play.

This game was the Extreme Duel mode and the 1st team led by Xia Li finally won against the 2nd team led by Liu Xiaofei with a score of 50:44. Xia Li was the MVP of the game and got 20 heads. She deserved to be the main output player.