1: Regressor's Wish

warnings: depictions of gore, death, suicides with s at the end, and self-harm. Spoilers for Vigilante Deku and the manga (until Chapter 355) will be here as well..

╒═══════════════════╕

When the heroes are in pain,
who will be there to save them?

╘═══════════════════╛

Japan had been ruined.

Your home and the places beyond the city were gone. There were no laws to protect you, no heroes to save you, nothing. All that was left were the ashes of those who rebelled,

And then you.

If people asked who they believed would die first in a 'kill or be killed' country, your name would be a part of that list. Even if the list is a long one that contains the entirety of Japan, you'd still be there, full name and everything else. You wouldn't blame them— who exactly were you aside from a first-year student whose presence left no traces in anyone's mind?

No one. You weren't memorable enough to let people know you can handle yourself, shouldn't be memorable enough to even survive.

Yet you did.

You stayed living.

You lived longer than the heroes who should have been strong enough to live, and that's ironic;

"The heroes will save us surely" soon turned into, "We'll end up like the heroes too," because all the known heroes, from All Might to that high school hero of green and determination, had been vanquished. Killed. Murdered in a way that those who hated the heroes actually pitied them in their graves.

Do you think everyone agreed to the end of this Era?

You didn't.

That's why here you sat on the cold floor, glaring at the dirty dagger in front of you. It wasn't sharp. You wielded it for years after all, both for noble defense and shameful deeds.

This time, you wielded it again. And it was not to survive for another day.

"Now." With eyes that had no choice but to stare at the ceiling, you pointed the knife to your neck. "I just need to die 6,565 more."

STAB!

[A Fatal Wound has been detected.]

You were sixteen when this apocalyptic world was reduced to ashes, twenty when you had enough, and twenty-one when you'll die at your own hands.

If you compared this to a game, it would be a bad ending. But you know...

Games can be restarted, right?

[Conditions were met as a result of death.]

Your body fell limp. Your sorrow and regret were pushed back by two emotions in your last remaining life: