19: Coca-Cola Disaster

warnings: descriptions of a dystopian world.

╒═══════════════════╕

Sometimes, a soda is all
it takes to ruin
the world. ❞

╘═══════════════════╛

"Don't you think we're a bit... suspicious?"

"How so?"

You slowly brought a hand to your forehead. "This.. this whole 'meeting 1 hour before class' is ridiculously suspicious, don't you think so?"

Three figures sat inside the principal's office, with the owner's presence absent because of certain reasons. But the lack of rodents in this room isn't the first thing you noticed, no.

It's the sight of the other figures that sat alongside you that you took notice of.

An animated buff-like blond man, a timid boy with green curls next to him...

"Also, please just get back on your normal form, All Might-san. You're just going to make it harder for yourself if you ever need your buff form later on."

The two leaned over. "Will something happen today?!"

When you went silent and just stared at them with an unresponsive face, All Might leaned back on his seat and coughed on his hand. His grin twitched. "I- I apologize. I was simply a bit... anxious that something might happen today and tomorrow."

Ever since the two learned about your... other Quirk called 'Prophecy' (which sounds cool if only it was actually a true Quirk), they have been looking at you with expectant eyes, as if whatever you say to them will be a revelation from the heavens and they will never turn away from it.

Especially Midoriya during the Quirk Assessment test. You thought it was just his way of gaining reassurance that he wouldn't be expelled since you could see the future, but now, he was still staring at you with that eager look on his face, even after the assessment threat had been vanquished.

You can't get mad or annoyed at Midoriya, though. His eyes were analyzing you, sparkling in a way that spoke so many things all at once even if he kept his mouth shut. All Might, however...

"All Might-san." You turned to the hero, glaring daggers at him. He flinched. "You can keep your normal form when you're with me, so please just stop with this buff version of yours. Please."

The hero simply raised both of his hands and tried to appear smaller. "I'm- I'm so sorry Young (L/n), but I can't stay relaxed. Who knows if there are some dangers lurking nearby and if I have to stop them—"

"Then you can just change back to your buff form when that happens. Isn't that easier?"

"W-well... changing back and forth takes a tremendous effort in me..."

"Which is more difficult? Changing back and forth or keeping a strong front when you can barely stifle a cough of blood?"

Those words shut the hero up.

Midoriya was not the only one baffled by this situation. You never thought you'll see the day when a first-year student was lecturing the Number 1 hero, but here you are.

All Might sighed. With a poof! of clouds, his body turned into his normal lanky form. Even from afar, you could see all the exhaustion he had right from his sunken eyes and cheeks. "I apologize. It's a force of habit as the Symbol of Peace since I can never rest when people are counting on me at every waking second."