26: Unexpected Events Amidst the Chaos

warnings: spoilers for Shigaraki Tomura and All For One (I'm pretty sure it's been featured in the newest episode of Season 6 already, but I'm adding this warnings just to be sure)

╒═══════════════════╕

You try and try, but it still
doesn't work the way you
want it to.❞

╘═══════════════════╛

There was a moment when nothing happened.

The rapid sound of the alarm continued on in the background, and a few walls away from yours, the students panicked. Loud and pushing. Thunderous and screeching. The hallway was filled with nothing but the sounds of chaos, and the looming presence of the villain who did this.

Your smile went a little uneasy and hesitant. "Um, sorry but I'm a little lost. Can you tell me the way to the bathroom..?"

You admit, that's not the best approach you could have done at that moment, but it'll have to do for now. When the world around you was caging you in with the annoying sound of alarms and the existence of a villain, you can't possibly think of another approach that will make things easier for you to gain information now, can you?

The villain only regarded you with silence.

His hair was wild locks of untamed light blue, disheveled, and a little bit dusty. The dismembered hand upon his face was pale, nearly gray in the low light. It covered him from his forehead and down to his chin, but the only feature poking out of his mask-like hands was his lone dangerous red pupil. He was scratching his neck, creating marks on his dried and reddening skin.

Then, he stopped moving entirely, eyes completely pinned on you.

His slitted eyes seemed to have gained an interest in you, yet you can't see his expression. You don't know what he's thinking, if there's even an element of surprise or irritation within him or whatnot. Instead, he just stood there... watching you

You held your abdomen with both arms, giving an even more strained smile at the villain. "Sorry for the bother. I know it's not a good time to ask, but you can say that I'm a bit.. desperate, for today." 

He looked at you for another moment, stare trailing downwards. Until you see it— a hint of amusement, an almost twisted version of curiosity. 

"The bathroom... it's this way." He pointed, slow and steady, behind his shoulder.

"Really?" you asked, never removing your focus on him.

"Hm," he answered. He didn't move. He just watched you intently, waiting for your next action.

You clasped your hands together and smiled wider. "Thanks! I'm still new to this school so I got lost pretty fast."

"Is that so?"

"Well, thank you for the directions once again. I'm going now," you said, bowing your head a little.

There was no reaction to your words.

When you stepped forward, he continued to stand still on his spot. Only the searing gaze of the villain burned through you, but you did your best to ignore it. The sound of the alarms were blaring even until now, and when you finally brushed near the villain's shoulder..

You stopped. 

A hand laid upon your shoulder. One finger raised, the others gripping until you could feel his nails. You didn't need to turn your head to know that he was staring at you, narrowed eyes peeking through the tufts of his pale hair.