38: Indifference Within Care

.As much as I'd love to showcase all of the art, Wattpad is shit. So let me just shout out Yuuna_606 here in Wattpad for giving us a lot of beautiful art in this chapter! All of them are in the discord server, if you guys are curious about it! 

╒═══════════════════╕

Be honest for once, will you?

╘═══════════════════╛

It's finally Saturday.

This week felt like it was the longest, most exhausting week ever. Your classmates must have felt the same way as well, since almost everyone slumped on their seat, buzzed out and exhausted. You don't blame them. Snipe's words seem to be flying into the air. And as much as you want to listen to his lesson, you can't. Your brain wants to rest already so his words sounded gibberish in your head.

Thankfully, Saturday classes just involve you sitting in the Journalism Department's class and listening to Snipe talk about the rules of writing a headline. Afterwards, lunchtime will come, and you will spend the rest of the class time doing your work.

Sounds pretty easy, right?

Yeah, no.

You didn't even have time to process your joy when you heard the bell rang, because Snipe suddenly called for you in front.

"Ooh, someone's in trouble," Shiru snickered as she passed by your table.

You paid no mind to her. One thing you learned about the girl is that she likes provoking reactions from people. And right after she does that—

"Shiru, that's mean." Harigane always came afterwards, chastising her friend without hesitation in her steps. "I'm sure Snipe-sensei just wants to talk to them about what happened recently. It might not be a big deal, or it might be a huge deal. But don't worry, he's definitely going to ask a few questions about what they did, because I have questions myself that I would love to be answered."

And she completely crushed the comfort that you thought she would give to you.

"Thanks, guys." You didn't even hide the sigh you let out.

Harigane gave you her enigmatic smile. Shiru flashed you a peace sign. Then they left the room, just like the others did.

When you approached Snipe, you tried your best to appear unbothered. "Sensei?"

Was this about your counseling session with Hound Dog? You didn't even ask anything about it to your parents— you still had the thought that they could forget it if you don't bring it up again. But maybe your parents and Nezu weren't the only people involved in this topic. Maybe Snipe also knows. He's your adviser, isn't he?

Snipe turned to you, his brown gas mask concealing his thoughts and purpose. "You're not in trouble, don't worry."

His words eased your anxiety a bit, but it didn't entirely remove it. "Is there something I need to do?"

"There is," he said. "You need to decide on what you want to do in the Sports Festival."

You blinked. "Decide what I want to do?"

"All students are required to participate in the Sports Festival. This is done so that those in the General Education, who didn't pass the practical examinations, can get a spot in the hero course next year, " Snipe explained. "Other classes like the Support Department can promote themselves in this event, while the Business students won't participate. They're just there to think of the heroes' potential based on the students who take the most attention from the crowd."