36: Fort of Fortitude

Might have to remove the warnings for a few chapters because we'll be diving deep into the fluff territory for a while :)

╒═══════════════════╕

There is a certain care that's breakable in vulnerability.

╘═══════════════════╛

The ride way home came like a breeze to you.

It must be because of you bantering with Sen and forgetting what was coming to you after you stepped foot into your house, but in just one blink, you were already outside of the car, watching how your father and Sen took out your items from the trunk.

"I can help you out, you know," you grumbled bitterly. "I'm already feeling better."

"And I'm feeling even better than you," Sen pointed out. He's holding only a small bag, the rest of the items taken care of by your father. "Besides, you're supposed to be taking it easy, remember? Doctor's orders."

You pursed your lips. You don't need to take it easy— your body is really healed. The system said you already reached past your Shock Absorption Quirk's cooldown, 24 hours, so that means you barely felt any fatigue or even pain anymore.

It sucks you can't say that to anyone though. Unless you wanted to reveal your trump card and such an important detail about you, of course.

"Fine, I'll take it easy. But only because you're all making a big fuss out of it."

Sen was about to reply, but you rushed to the front door and opened it for him instead. He blinked, tilting his head at your movements.

"Chivalry isn't dead, you know," you teased, gesturing toward the open door. "After you, kind sir."

He was still blinking to himself there. "You... are in high spirits," he noted.

"Course I am. I told you I feel great, didn't I?" As he stepped inside, you added with a dramatic flourish, "I hope you find my humble abode to your liking, good sir."

Closing the door behind you, your chuckles filled the air while Sen observed the hallways in silence. He seemed to be taking in every detail, from the line of shoes by the porch and even the faint warm light on the ceiling.

"Well, there's more of that where it came from," you said, swiftly striding past him. "Unless you want to just stand around the entrance and stay here for the rest of the night?"

You couldn't stop the smile from forming on your face as you took off your shoes, Sen following suit. He didn't need to say anything else, because the moment he changed into the indoor shoes, you already urged him to follow you— that way, he won't encounter your mother who you heard talking to your father from the study room.

As much as you'd want to eavesdrop on what they might be talking about (you, you're definitely their topic), you had something else to worry about. Something even more important than anything else.

You rubbed your nose, looking around your room— which was extremely tidied up. You guessed that your parents tried to find something here when you were in the hospital, and if it were a normal situation, you would have felt your privacy violated.

But all of the evidences to your death had been placed in the past, resetted until nobody else remembers whatever you did to get in that specific timeframe, so you had nothing important to hide. You're confident you had nothing to hide.

Still, you can't help but feel like your room is tinier than before. More constricting, more... personal.

It's not just any friend visiting this time; it's Sen, your first friend throughout all of your deaths.