"I think maybe you're the silly one right now, 'Mr. I Don't Get Drunk'."

I know it's been a while, but I'm excited to bring this new oneshot to you! I'm hoping to add more as the summer progresses, but I am quite busy this summer getting ready to start my career in the real world after graduating college last month. Updates will continue to be as inspiration strikes me.

I hope you enjoy this little oneshot; I certainly had fun writing it.

...

"I think maybe you're the silly one right now, 'Mr. I Don't Get Drunk'."

"Holy crap, this cannot be happening," Eliza mumbled to herself, pinching the bridge of her nose as she closed her eyes and sighed. She could feel her heart pounding up against her chest wall as she buried her face in her hands.

Her mind was racing, head was spinning; she could vomit again.

This all had to be wrong, a huge mistake. Hell, this was her biggest mistake. How could she have been so careless? The girl who had always been so intentional, so careful, slips up one time and it becomes her biggest mistake?

She looked down at the little white stick with two pink lines that were dark across the middle. Eliza could have broken that little stick in two at the moment in her rage, disappointment, and fear.

Eliza thought back on that night just a little over a month ago trying to figure out where they went wrong. Of course, other than having sex with that man. She thought for certain they had pulled out, though the alcohol sure clouded that memory. They had agreed to never talk about it again, and now they'd have to.

...

The pair of best friends walked out of the movie theatre, each with their third drink of the night in their hands. Alexander was right—the movies were much more fun when you've had a couple of drinks and a cheesy movie was playing.

"No, no. The part where the city girl decided she needed to move to country for a subpar white country boy was definitely the best part," Eliza giggled before downing the last bit of her drink.

"You're silly, Schuyler," Alexander noted. He danced his fingers up one of her arms before reaching her shoulder and booping her nose. He tripped a little bit with his unsteady balance as he tossed their drinks.

She gasped in fake offense, her arms crossing at her chest. "I think maybe you're the silly one right now, 'Mr. I Don't Get Drunk'."

"Okay, maybe I'm a little drunk."

"A little?"

"Okay, maybe I should call a taxi?"

She nodded quickly, her judgement not clouded quite enough to lose all of her common sense.

When they got back to Alexander's place, he pulled out his own stash of alcohol while Eliza violently shuffled her way through Netflix. She had her own profile under Alexander's account, which she had practically fully taken over at this point, since she shared her Disney+ subscription with him.

"Shrek 2!" Eliza giggled, clicking on the title and waiting for her best friend to come out and join her on the couch.

She got up from the couch, tiptoeing her way to Alexander, who was in the kitchen frantically making two cocktails.

"Ooh another one?" Eliza smirked. "I'm not sure we need more alcohol, but I do have to say, this night really is helping me get over being stood up." She picked up one of the glasses, stirring her drink and taking a sip. "Fruity, my favorite."

Halfway through Shrek 2, another drink finished, the two weren't paying much attention to the movie anymore. Eliza was drunkenly trying to braid Alexander's hair as Alexander was looking up a hairstyle he could try in Eliza's hair next.