I'd Marry You With Paper Rings

I know it's been a while... Quite truthfully my heart really isn't into writing anymore. I've been a silent reader here and AO3 all the while, and have been reading a lot of other non-fanfiction books in my spare time (as well as picking up other hobbies). I started this a long time ago, just kind of wrapped up some ends with it. I don't love it, but I wanted to get one last oneshot out before calling this book complete. Thank you all to everyone who has read this book faithfully and to everyone just finding it recently. I always get a smile when I see notifications of new people reading my stories. Without further ado, here's a little paper rings inspired oneshot.

...

"I'd Marry You With Paper Rings"

"Come on, Eliza! Everyone else is going!"

Eliza looked up from her laptop, the words of her social justice paper shining onto her reading glasses. Her younger sister Peggy was standing in front of her in a silver sparkly bodycon dress and her curly hair was tied up into two space buns.

"Peggy," Eliza sighed, pushing her reading glasses up onto her head. "You know the clubbing scene isn't really me."

Peggy had been begging Eliza all afternoon to go clubbing with all of their friends this Friday night. She goes practically every weekend with their older sister Angelica, and usually only Angelica will make it back to their shared apartment by the end of the night.

"You need to relax and unwind," Peggy attempted to persuade her sister. Her heels clicked on the hardwood floor as she closed Eliza's laptop. "It's a Friday night, and I know this assignment isn't due for over a week. Have some fun."

Eliza rolled her eyes. "It's never too early to pull your research together."

Peggy's arms fell across her body as she shifted her weight to one side. "You're going. I've laid out a dress on your bed for you. Be out in five, and I'll fix your hair and makeup."

"You're so annoying sometimes, you know that?" Eliza huffed, giving in to her little sister. She knew her sister would never let her stay home.

When Eliza saw the dress Peggy had picked out, her heart started beating faster and her breath hitched in her throat. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks at how revealing it was. It was nothing like Eliza would typically wear, except maybe with her ex during her sophomore year of college.

She slipped the dress on, noticing how nice the dark blue satin contrasted so nicely with her skin, and the way that the mid-thigh length split up her left leg to show off most of her upper thigh. She adjusted the top of the dress with no luck, trying to get her breasts to lay more comfortably in the deep v neckline.

"You look perfect!" Peggy finally had said as they pulled up to the club, Eliza shyly walking behind the group. She knew this would be a long night.
It didn't take her sisters and friends long to find someone to dance with, drinks in their hands and hips grinding to the music. Eliza sat at the bar with an amaretto sour in hand as she people-watched. She laughed lightly to herself as she saw three idiots in the corner already red in the eyes as they tossed a joint around. You didn't even have to be near them to know that they were high.

"They're a lot, aren't they?" a voice from behind her said.

She jumped slightly in her seat at the new voice before turning around to see a handsome, tanned man holding a gin and tonic starting at her. Eliza tried slowing her breath once she saw the mystery man who had nearly scared her half to death, but she couldn't.

"Huh?" she questioned, her eyebrows raising in confusion.

"My friends over there," he motioned with his glass to the trio Eliza had been staring at. "They're a lot. This is kind of their thing every weekend."