"You're safe now, I've got you."

TW: talk about sexual assault--nothing too detailed, but thought it'd be best to add a TW just in case

I just want to mention that I have been fortunate enough to never experience something like this, so I'm very sorry if it's not realistic. I did my best to try to get into Eliza's head to make it as realistic as I could. I don't want to dismiss anyone's experiences, and did my best to handle this as respectfully as I could :) 

Prompt found on tumblr

...

"You're Safe Now, I've Got You"

Alexander Hamilton was making dinner for his girlfriend. He wasn't very good at it, but he was doing his best. He knew Eliza would appreciate whatever he made, but he still felt bad that it couldn't be perfect. As he finished up the meal, he set the table, which was filled with a few candles and a pretty flower bouquet centerpiece. After all, Alexander thought, she deserved a nice night after a long week in college.

He was waiting patiently for Eliza to come home to their apartment when he heard the door slam open, and his girlfriend's shoes stomping across the floor from running. He was met by her crashing into his arms, shaking and crying from terror.

"Eliza, what's wrong?" His face immediately fell. He pulled her face into his hands examining her tear stained face and blotchy red eyes. "What happened, baby, are you okay?"

She shook her head frantically while pieces of her disheveled hair fell everywhere and stuck to her wet face. Eliza choked out a sob as Alexander's thumb ran gently over her cheek.

"Eliza, can you tell me what happened? I want to help you." He couldn't bear to look at the state his sweet girlfriend was in. "When you're ready, sweetheart."

She breathed in heavily, trying to catch her breath enough to speak. After a minute, she spoke, "I was on my way here from a group meeting for one of my classes, and I thought it'd be fine by myself, but this guy stopped me. He kept following me and flirting with me, and I tried to get away, but," she stopped and let out another cry, unable to continue the story.

Alexander looked his girlfriend down. He saw the little bruise on her arm and scratches across her face. Her pretty blue blouse now had a tear in it and was falling off of her shoulder. "No." It was all he could say. He knew exactly what had happened.

"He—he touched me, Alex. And he would have done more if I hadn't been able to punch him in the face and run. Oh God, I'm a horrible person!" She was still shaking, her hands now over her eyes covering her tears from Alex.

Alex's heart was breaking at the sight of her, and how a man could taunt and touch his girl all over her body. Disgust seared through his body. "No, no, Liza, shh. It's not your fault; you did the right thing. You're safe now, I've got you."

Like jelly she fell back into his arms. If any other guy had tried to hold her right now, she'd be terrified. But this was Alex, and for some odd reason, she trusted him right now.

"Can I kiss your head? Would that be okay?" He was careful to make sure she would be okay with certain touches and that she wouldn't flashback in fear. She only nodded, allowing herself to calm into his soft kiss. She buried her head into his chest, not wanting to speak anymore.

Alex couldn't believe the pain this stranger had put his Eliza in. The poor girl was shaking in his arms, in such a mental state where she could barely even speak.

He wanted to find this guy and shoot him down, maybe with a word or two—make him pay for hurting sweet Eliza Schuyler. But he couldn't. Eliza didn't know who he was, and even if she did, she wouldn't want him to get revenge because of her. All he could do was support her and comfort her.

They stayed as they were for twenty minutes. Twenty minutes of hanging silence. Eliza had pulled away suddenly and looked into her boyfriend's eyes that were also red from tears. What hurt Eliza hurt him.

"I love you, Alex," she croaked, hating the feeling of being so vulnerable.

He shushed her lovingly, placing his hands on her cheeks. "I love you, too, Liza. So much," He whispered and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead once again.

Alex knew it'd be a while for her to recover, and their relationship would certainly be different for a while. But he was okay with that, because there's some things he's willing to wait for.