"I tried to surprise you, but I spilled your coffee on the way over."

Well, we're here! Last chapter for now. I don't want to get too sentimental, but your reads, votes, and comments seriously have meant the world to me. Writing these oneshots has truly been so exciting for me and sometimes even a nice break for me in the craziness of college and Miss Rona, but for now I need to work on a new project that I'm very excited to share when it's ready. I will still be on Wattpad reading others stories, so I'll still be around :) If you ever want to talk my DMs are ALWAYS open! I'd love to talk and make friends. So for now, see you later :)

Prompt found on tumblr

...

"I tried to surprise you, but I spilled your coffee on the way over."

Six months pregnant Eliza Hamilton made her way into the nearest Starbucks. Alexander was starting a new job after his promotion at a law firm. Needless to say, Eliza was proud of him. So to start her lunch break, she was going to bring Alexander some coffee and his favorite blueberry muffin.

She wasn't planning on getting herself anything, but her growing baby decided otherwise. That mango dragon fruit lemonade had her and the baby's name written all over it, so she was going to splurge. She picked up all of the goodies before heading off to the law firm to see her sweetheart.

Eliza was jamming to her musical theatre playlist in the car, aggressively acting out the songs and belting out all of the lyrics. Suddenly the car jolted to a stop as the person in front of her took a quick stop. The coffee wasn't in the holder stable enough, and so it was knocked over as Eliza hit the brakes.

"Damn it," Eliza groaned as hot coffee spilled over her new white dress and burned her skin. She quickly picked the coffee cup up, which was now only about a quarter of the way full now.

Normally she wouldn't cry, but her hormones were everywhere at six months pregnant. Hot tears stung at her eyes as she picked up one of the napkins to try and clean her dress off. Through tears she picked up the top that had fallen off the cup and placed it back on. All she wanted was to surprise her husband, and of course her surprise had to spill all over her before it got to him.

Eventually Eliza pulled into the parking lot. She debated whether to bring the coffee with her, but ultimately decided to bring it with and explain it when she saw him.

When she reached the lobby, a woman was sitting at the front desk. She didn't look like she wanted to be there, as she sat fiddling with her phone every few seconds and going back and forth between tabs on her computer.

"Hi, I'm looking for Mr. Alexander Hamilton. I'm his wife," Eliza introduced to the bored looking lady at the desk.

She looked up for a moment, then looked to her list to call his office number. After talking with him, she hung up, looking back at Eliza. "Lucky for you he's on lunch break. Room 325. Elevator is to your left."

Eliza smiled in thanks to the lady and followed her directions. As she entered the elevator, it was like their unborn baby knew where she was going. He began kicking inside of her like he does when he feels his papa's hands over Eliza's belly or hears his voice talking to him in a sweet baby voice.

"You know who we're seeing, don't you, Philip?" she cooed, rubbing her growing belly with her free hand. The baby calmed down a bit as he felt his mama's comforting hand, but still kicked a little more than usual.

Eliza couldn't believe this was her life. Her husband newly promoted with a whole new office all to himself and a sweet little baby boy on the way. She had a good job, too, working in a school with all kinds of children with a varying degree of special needs. She loved those kids and getting to see their smiling faces at school.

She stepped off the elevator when she reached the third floor, then made her way down the hall to find his office. She grinned proudly when she was the room number and his name right next to the door. She'd have to take a picture of it on her way out.

It didn't take long for Alexander to open the door when she knocked.

"Eliza! What are you doing here?" he smiled, excited to see her. He kissed her lips quickly and let her inside the office.

She noticed little things like a picture of the two of them on their wedding day and another frame with a picture of Philip's most recent ultrasound sitting on his desk next to his computer. It filled her with joy knowing that he had these reminders of her and their baby at his workplace.

"Well, I tried to surprise you, but I spilled your coffee on the way over." She handed the barely filled coffee cup to him and the muffin. "It's mostly gone but I figured you'd still take even a little bit."

He laughed and set the coffee and muffin on his desk. "I appreciate the thought anyways. I was wondering what that stain was on your dress."

"Philip got a little bit of coffee on him, but mostly just my thighs. I guess I was too into my music and excited to see you that I didn't notice when the person in front of me took a quick stop."

His hands found their place on her belly the second she mentioned his son. "How's my baby doing?" His voice slipped into the light, soft tone he usually used when speaking to Philip. The boy began kicking a little harder again at the sound of his papa's voice.

"You should of felt him on the elevator up here! He must have known that we were coming to see you." She smiled thinking of her two boys.

"Do you have much time before you have to go back to work?" he asked, standing up to kiss her ear, moving along her jaw until he reached her lips.

"Alexander Hamilton, we are not having sex in your new office!" she whispered aggressively, though it wouldn't be the first time he's suggested it in his office. At his old office he convinced his office mate to go out for lunch just so he would have enough time to ravish his wife when she visited.

"But there's no distractions this time. It's all mine," his whined, jutting out his lower lip like a child.

Eliza rolled her eyes. "You need to focus on your work, and I need to get back to the school in time. Just remember, you don't know what surprises I may have waiting for you at home after your celebratory dinner with my family tonight," she winked suggestively and kissed his cheek.

His eyebrows raised quickly. Now she got him waiting in anticipation. Just the way she liked it.

"I just wanted to stop by and surprise you for your first day. I really am proud of you," she said lovingly, leaving a kiss on the tip of his nose and then his cheek.

He smiled at his doting wife, not wanting her to leave. "Thank you for the coffee and blueberry muffin. I'll make good use out of what is left of the coffee."

They kissed once more before getting ready to leave. "Have a good rest of the day. I'll see you in just a few hours, okay?"

"Have fun at the school. I love you."

"I love you more."

And with that she left the building, holding on to her belly and forgetting about the stain of coffee on her new dress. It was worth it.