"What is this?!"

First off, thank you so much for 12k reads! It means a lot to me! I decided it was time for some fluff after the last few chapters being heavy in angst.

Hope you enjoy! :)

...

"What is this?!"

Eliza Schuyler stood at her bedroom mirror as she was taking one last look at her Christmas outfit before going downstairs to greet her family. The dark green dress hugged her curves in all the right places, and the back was open into a v shape. It was a little sexier than she would normally wear for a family dinner, but it was the first Christmas her boyfriend would be spending with her family. She wanted to look perfect.

Alexander was sitting on her bed, looking dapper in the dress shirt and pants that she bought for him earlier that week. His look was topped off with a green tie that matched the color of her dress.

As Eliza fumbled to put her necklace on, she noticed a deep red mark on her lower neck, immediately knowing what it was. "Alexander?" she called for her boyfriend, who was scrolling through Instagram on his phone. He looked up wondering what he did wrong this time. "What is this?!" she finished when she realized that she had his attention.

He got up from his seat to look at what she was pointing at, only to find a hickey that he had left there earlier that afternoon. He chuckled and blushed as his eyes pointed to the floor, quite proud of himself for leaving his mark.

Eliza grimaced and placed her hand on her hip. "You think you're cute, don't you?" she teased, pulling out her makeup again to cover the hickey. There was no way she was going to show up in front of her family with a giant hickey on her neck. "I asked you not to leave one!" she whined, though a smile broke through, unable to hold her laughter.

She began doing her magic to cover up the mark, despite the objections from Alexander. "You're seriously going to cover it? I like it," he smiled.

Eliza rolled her eyes, checking her work in the mirror. The shade was a little off, but it did the job well enough, as her hair would hopefully fall over her shoulders enough to distract from the makeup.

"I usually wouldn't care, you know that. But you cannot honestly expect me to show it off in front of my grandparents and parents."

"I left the one you decided to leave on me!" he joked, pulling the side of shirt collar down, only to show an almost identical mark from the night before.

She gasped in surprise, pulling up the collar again. Unfortunately, a small bit still poked out over the collar, but she prayed no one would notice.

A few minutes later, they were ready to head down to the rest of the family. Eliza was so excited to show off her genius boyfriend to her family. She was incredibly proud of him, and wanted the rest of her extended family to love and be proud of him too.

Everything was going well until Angelica decided to make a remark a little too loudly, hoping to embarrass her sister in front of their family. "Hey, Hamilton, what's that on your neck?"

Eliza was sitting next to her, so she stomped on her foot to get her to shut up.

"Ow, what was that for?" Angelica groaned. "I just want to know what the red mark on your boyfriend's neck is."

Angelica knew exactly what she was doing. Lucky for Eliza and Alexander, a hidden talent of Alexander's was improvisation. "Oh, just a spider bite," he said smoothly, trying to hide his flushed cheeks. He looked Eliza who was covering her face just hoping this would end soon.

Angelica was pleased with the amount of embarrassment she caused, so she smiled and turned to her cousin to start up normal conversation again.

Eliza shot a glare at him, wishing she had at least attempted to cover it up even though he was darker than her. She would definitely be talking to Angelica later.

The rest of the night went smoothly, no one bringing up the questionable red mark again.

But boy, they would never live down that Christmas where Alexander showed up with a hickey.