"I just love you so much"

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas (or whatever you celebrate or don't celebrate!) and New Years! 

Do you have any resolutions? One of my resolutions for this year is to stop apologizing too much. Sometimes updates just don't happen (like last week), and my resolution is to be okay with it. I tend to apologize way too much because I feel bad, but I really don't have to apologize for my reasons (for instance, I didn't update last week because I had wisdom tooth surgery). BUT, I do hope to stay consistent in updates :)

I hope you like this one! It's slightly inspired by the fact that I had my wisdom tooth surgery and partly from a youtube video of someone after their surgery! I thought his constant professions of love sounded exactly how Alex would respond, so I went ahead a wrote about it! 

...

"I just love you so much."

"Where's Eliza?" Alexander Hamilton asked nervously as his hands clutched to the dentist chair.

It was quite funny to John Laurens to see his brave, tough friend so nervous about something as simple as wisdom tooth surgery. This, John decided, was the perfect time to pick on him. "She's gone, man. She decided to go home."

Alexander's lower lip jutted out, a little more emotional than he would usually let on if he weren't already hopped up on some nitrous oxide. "Noooo," he whined, eliciting laughter from John and Alexander's mother.

"He's kidding sweetheart," his mom reassured as she herself tried to hold back from laughing. "Eliza had to go to the bathroom, but she'll be right back before they put you under, okay?"

He nodded, his heart slowing back down to normal. As promised, Eliza returned in a few minutes, ready to send off her boyfriend for surgery.

"It'll be okay," she consoled before giving him a kiss on his head. "It will be over before you know it."

And with that, his crowd left, and soon he was sleeping through the successful surgery.

...

When he woke up, Alexander was groggy to say the least. The first thing he looked for in recovery was his doting girlfriend, who was immediately at his side.

"I love you," he said sloppily when he saw her, the gauze in his mouth preventing him from forming words properly. But still, those words were music to Eliza's ears.

While Laurens and Lafayette were laughing at him, Eliza smiled and cooed, "I know, I love you too."

She noticed a dribble of blood in the corner of his mouth before grabbing the paper towels on the table next to him. She gently dabbed the blood away and helped fix the gauze that was slowly slipping from his mouth.

Once care instructions had been given, both Eliza and Alex's mom helped him to the car, getting him buckled in the middle seat of the car. Eliza was on one side and Laurens at the other to help out on the way home.

"Hey, Alex," John said. "Do you like me or Angelica more?"

It didn't take even half a second for Alexander to respond. "Eliza!" he responded loopily, turning his face to his girlfriend lovingly. "I looooooove you," he said again, causing Eliza to chuckle.

This was something he kept repeating over and over on the trip home, to which Eliza would laugh and respond back that she loved him, too. How could the gang miss an opportunity to poke fun at Alexander? He was an easy target while hopped up on drugs.

"Alex, what's your favorite swear word?" Peggy yelled from the back seat, hoping to get him to cuss in front of his mother.

He paused for a few seconds, thinking it over. Then with a gauzy grin he turned to Eliza again, repeating the loopy, "I love youuuuu."

Everyone in the car laughed, knowing that this was the one time they were going to see Alexander in such a state.

"I love you, too," she cooed again, fixing the gauze once more.

But even Eliza couldn't let an opportunity like this go. "Sweetheart I have some bad news," she began, Alexander's attention immediately focused to her. "I couldn't get off work and I can't go to prom with you," she said sadly, though of course she was just messing with him.

John and Lafayette's jaws dropped, shocked that Eliza would play such a trick on him.

"What??" Alexander responded rather spastically, tears forming in his eyes as he burst into tears. He was so looking forward to going with her.

Eliza felt bad the second she saw his reaction, and she immediately pulled him close to her and began playing with his hair. "I'm kidding, I'm sorry, sweetheart. I can go to prom with you. That was mean of me."

"That was really mean of you. I just love you so much," he exclaimed as she played with the ponytail that neatly ties back his hair.

"I know, I'm sorry." She peppered kisses across his forehead. "I won't joke about that anymore."

The rest of the ride continued as normal, Alexander's multiple statements of love continuing and Laurens and Lafayette playing more jokes than necessary on the him.

Just a few minutes before he was home, Ed Sheeran's song "Perfect" began playing on the radio, to which Alexander gasped. That was his and Eliza's song. He began singing it with her and to her as the song went on.

Everyone thought Laurens was about to die of laughter as Alexander attempted to belt out the chorus with gauze in his mouth, the couple dramatically acting out the song.

Towards the end, Alexander began crying again with emotion, whether that be from the lyrics of the song and what it meant to their relationship or because of the anesthesia he was on not an hour ago. Probably both.

"I just can't wait to get married and for you to have my babies," he said with an exasperated sigh, tearing up again.

They reached the house a minute later, Eliza helping him to the reclining couch in the living room. She sat next to him, letting him cuddle and fall asleep on her when he finally calmed down.

When she saw that he was asleep, she snapped a picture of him. She posted it on her Instagram story with the caption, "I just love you so much, too, @AdotHam", ready for him to wake up to it, hopefully feeling much better.