Sneak Peek to the new book!

As announced on my page earlier, next Saturday, August 29, the first chapter of the new book will be yours! So in preparation, I will be giving you a snippet of the first chapter. One minor component of this book is that Eliza runs a blog, which was started as a teaching blog. The story opens with her blog, which is the part of the story I will be sharing today. 

...

Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton: My Love Story

October 14, 2019

Hey, everyone! So many of you have been asking for my love story, so I thought I'd finally sit down and write about it for you! This one may be a little longer, so bear with me!

As many of you know, I have been married for two years now to the love of my life, Alexander Hamilton. We met back in 2010 in our freshman year of college. We both attended NYU with a few of our friends, and it was actually my sister who set us up at a party. Alexander would tell you that he was the first to fall for me, but really it was I who had fallen for him immediately! And boy, was I helpless for my olive toned boy with the beautiful long hair.

Our first date was at Think Coffee that was a quick walk from campus. Even after that first date I knew we'd be in each other's lives forever. To be quite honest, the scariest moment was realizing that he was the one I couldn't live without. That in any situation I would die for him. Not even three months into our relationship, I blurted out that I was going to marry him while we were laying in my apartment having a deep conversation about life and our future. The second I said it, I wanted curl up into a ball in sheer embarrassment that I had even brought it up. I remember his eyebrows raising in shock that I had even brought it up. Maybe thirty seconds later, his expression softened and he gave me the goofiest smile I had ever seen. I had never felt so giddy as to when he responded that he wanted to marry me too.

Every Saturday was considered date night for us for all four years in college, and I'm happy to say that despite the downs that came with being in a serious relationship throughout college, we made it. We made it, and got engaged in Central Park two years out of college. That was when I started blogging, as many of you know. Two years, almost three now, into marriage, and we're still going strong.

It hasn't been easy, these last two years. Anyone could have fooled twenty-four year old Eliza into thinking marriage would be easy. It comes with its own ups and downs, mostly ups. We're as happy as can be. But as we began trying for a baby over a year ago, we've had to come to terms that it may not happen for us naturally. The doctors and fertility specialists can't figure out what's wrong—everything seems to be in our favor. But we will have our baby one day, whether it happens naturally or not.

When people kept asking me to share mine and my husband's love story, I had to laugh. It assumes that marriage ended our story. In reality, our story still continues and will continue until we die. And I'm excited to share the continuation of our story with everyone on this blog, whatever life brings us. 

...