"You got her pregnant?! What were you thinking?"

As always, feel free to drop suggestions either in the comments or in my DMs! Hope you enjoy this next oneshot as much as I enjoyed writing it!

...

"You got her pregnant?! What were you thinking?"

"You did what?!" Laurens exclaimed, his jaw dropped and hands at his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe his best friend.

Alexander sighed, just as confused as John was. "Eliza's pregnant." He finally said, fear suddenly washing over him again like when she told him just a few hours before.

"Alex, you need to come over now," Eliza said through the phone, her voice shaking a little.

"Is everything okay?" he asked as he ran his fingers through his hair.

She shook her head, then realized he couldn't see her. "No," her voice cracked. "Just get here as soon as you can."

"Okay," he said, "I'll be there in ten minutes."

When he reached her house, she greeted him with tears in her eyes. She led him to her room, sitting him down next to her on the bed. It wasn't a second later that the tears began falling down her face again as her body shook in nervousness.

"Talk to me," Alexander said sweetly, using his thumb to wipe away her tears.

It took her a few minutes to calm down again, taking deep breaths in and out and listening to the ticking of her clock on the wall. "I'm pregnant," Eliza finally said, a load falling off of her shoulders.

"What?" He pulled away in disbelief. His heart sunk as his mind processed the words he never thought he'd hear from his almost eighteen-year-old girlfriend.

"I'm so scared, Alexander." Eliza bit her lower lip trying to prevent herself from sobbing. She had just gone through this same exact conversation with her parents and sisters just hours before, and yet it didn't seem to get any easier.

He couldn't talk (for once). He didn't have any words to say. But a confusing mixture of anger and fear built up in him as he listened to his girlfriend's words over and over again in his mind.

"Please say something," she begged as she read his eyes, longing desperately for him to just say something.

"Eliza, we have our whole lives ahead of us. We're graduating high school in three months, for God's sake! How the hell do you expect us to be parents, too?!" he burst out, the only thing that came to his mind was anger taking precedent over his fear.

Her eyes widened and she gasped, not expecting his response. She was hoping he'd take her in his arms and tell her that everything was going to be okay. That they'd get through this together and she had nothing to be scared of.

"I'm just as shocked, Alexander," she spat back as she got a little angry at his response. "I've had time to talk to my mother about this, and I want to keep our baby. I'm just asking that you slow down and talk about it—let the shock wear off. I'm doing this with or without you."

Surprisingly, he was able to bite his tongue before retaliation. He instead grabbed his coat that he through on the floor when he first got to her room, slipping it on once more and starting to leave without a word.

"Where are you going?" Eliza whispered as her heart rate quickened.

He turned the knob of her door, opening it up before turning back around. "I need to think about things," he concluded before leaving the house, Eliza left crying and hugging the stuff bear he got her for their first Valentine's Day.

Joh Laurens shook his head. "You got her pregnant?! What were you thinking?" he asked, hitting Alexander in the arm. "You two are graduating in three months. You're barely eighteen and she's not even eighteen yet. How could you be so careless?"

"We weren't careless, John! It was one time and we were really careful!" Alexander defended himself, rubbing the arm that his best friend had just hit.

Laurens replayed the entire story that Alexander had told him until he realized that Alexander had "forgotten" the ending. "What did you do after she told you?" he asked, ready to defend Eliza. "You better support her, or you'll have me and two other angry Schuyler sisters on your hand. And I don't think you want to deal with Angelica and Peggy."

"That's my problem, John! I said I needed to think through things. I yelled at her because we're not ready for this." He paused, his eyes watering up at the memory. "I'm not ready to be a father. We both have plans for school and our careers."

"It's too late to think that way now, Alex. Your girlfriend is pregnant. And from the story you told me, she wants to keep it. Heck, I'm sure she's just as scared as you are, but you need to be there for her. She's the one whose body is going to change, hormones go whack, and who's going to have to go through labor. And that's just the next nine months. You may not see it now, but you two are going to be great parents, even though it's earlier than either of you planned."

"But what if I'm not?" Alexander questioned. "We all know Eliza will make the perfect mom, but what if I'm not the perfect dad? What if I'm like my father?"

It was though a knife had cut through Laurens as his friend asked the last question. If becoming a father at eighteen wasn't scary enough, Alexander was most preoccupied with the idea that he'd be like his father.

"Just the worry that you will end up like him is enough proof to show that you aren't him and will never be him. I have watched you treat Eliza like she is a queen. Don't stop that now. Go back to her and talk about this with her."

John reached his arms out to give Alexander a hug, the latter gratefully accepting it. God, was he kicking himself for leaving her.

"Thank you, John," he said.

"Always, bro. Now go see your girl."

Alexander didn't have to be told twice. No more than half an hour later, he was in front of the Schuyler door, one hand knocking and the other with a bouquet of Eliza's favorite red roses.

He was going to do this right.