two.

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter one.

"HUNT, I WANT YOU TO follow Buck's lead when you go up there," her captain directed as the group looked up at the roller coaster, the ride stopped upside down on the tracks, screams sounding out into the night from the passengers with a young man ...

"HUNT, I WANT YOU TO follow Buck's lead when you go up there," her captain directed as the group looked up at the roller coaster, the ride stopped upside down on the tracks, screams sounding out into the night from the passengers with a young man hanging off of it, holding on for what was quite literally his life. From feet away, Hen and Chim knelt down assessing the man who wasn't quick enough to hold on as the ride malfunctioned..

Looking down at the slightly shorter blonde, Buck smirked as he took in the words of the captain. The last thing he needed was any help inflating his ego. It was big enough without the aid of others. It hadn't taken long for Buck to decide that he didn't like the new Callahan. In fact, he despised the woman who had joined the team. As a response, Hunter had no choice other than to challenge the man with her words and pointed stares.

Ignoring the look that Buck had given her, she accepted the harness he had handed her without complaint. The lack of care she gave towards him crawled up and down his skin but she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of letting his behavior affect her. If she was able to survive ten weeks with a drill sergeant followed by four tours of what she deemed the be comparable to hell, then she could survive the man-child known as Evan Buckley.

Bobby Nash was almost impressed at the way Hunter had let the ego of the man next to her roll off of her shoulders. But he'd be lying if he said he hadn't heard any of the quips she had directed at Buck- most of which involved too many cuss words for him to repeat. He wasn't quite sure why Buck had taken to disrespecting the woman. Sure she had a personality that was hard to befriend but the other firefighters didn't dislike her.

Buck himself wasn't even quite sure where the hatred that coursed through him had stemmed from. Maybe it was the fact that she had been deemed as his replacement. Whether it be insecurity or jealousy, he didn't care.

Hunter sure didn't make the situation better by egging him on with her insults. But maybe she had her own insecurities to deal with. She wouldn't let some man who didn't her diminish the value of her work, especially not because of some childish and petty reasoning. And especially not by an ego driven man who knew nothing of a solid work ethic nor the meaning of being a part of something that was bigger than himself.