sixteen

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter sixteen.

Hunter did her best not to laugh at the scene in front of her

Hunter did her best not to laugh at the scene in front of her. "You're idea of flirting is daring a her to shove her head in your exhaust?" Hunter asked as she scoffed, boys these days. She wasn't in the best mood, one of the men inside had already referred to her as a stripper.

"How you feeling Jennifer?" Chimney asked the dumb girl.

"Uh, pretty good, actually. Except for this whole, you know, ginormous tailpipe on my head."

"Hey, Jennifer, you're gonna feel me poking around. We're just checking you out, okay?" Hen told her.

"Why is this tailpipe so large?"

"It's custom," Brent answered.

Hunter looked down at the girl before giving a pointed look to the man, "Where'd she get these bruises on her arm?" She accused.

"That wasn't me."

"It's from the bull. She rode it, like, five times," her friend stated.

"Get me out of this thing."

"These things are meant to increase the power to the engine."

"Yup. TSA 230 saw should do the job. Oh, yeah, like a knife through butter."

"Way ahead of you, Cap," Chim came running up.

"What?! No, I spent 1,200 bucks on that tailpipe."

Hunter laughed, "oh you poor guy. If you learned to work on your truck yourself you'd spend not even a quarter of that," she told him, making fun of the man who used his truck as a way to be cool.

Hunter stood up and backed away a foot or two as Chimney held the saw. Brent looked at Hunter, "you know, sweetheart, I could show you a good time."

"No thanks," Hunter responded without even sparing him a glance, "I prefer my men to have a brain."

"Come on now, you don't gotta be like that," he said while wrapping his arm around her waist, the other resting on her stomach a little too high. Hunter ducked herself under his arm before flipping him over her. Hunter pressed her knee to his chest, pinning him down while Bobby yelled, "Hunter, no."