forty three

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter forty three.

"Tell me, why this is the second Christmas in a row that the three of us have crawled around on the floor looking for a human appendage?" Hunter rhetorically asked, slightly out of breath as she tried to keep her balance while recalling the incide...

"Tell me, why this is the second Christmas in a row that the three of us have crawled around on the floor looking for a human appendage?" Hunter rhetorically asked, slightly out of breath as she tried to keep her balance while recalling the incident with the decapitating drone

The two other boys ignored her as Buck called out, "Cap, I got two of the fingers," Hunter stifled a laugh at the blond who nearly fell over as he stood on the ice.

"I got the pinky," Eddie said while holding up the finger.

"Three down," Hunter sighed as she kept looking, "one to go."

"wait," Hunter called out with a smile as she picked up the finger and looked at it in the light, "Got it! Haha, It's the middle one."

Hunter adjusted her LAFD pullover as she walked towards the cooler to put the finger for safe keeping. She kept grumbling as about the cold weather as she tried to warm up.

"Not a fan of the cold?" Eddie asked but it was more of an observation.

"Eddie, darlin' I'm from north Texas and spent my free time in the middle east. You of all people should understand that."

Eddie laughed but cut himself off with confusion once he saw the state their captain was in. "Ah, found it," Bobby muttered in awe before turning to his team.

"And what is that?"

"A sequin," he declared with a grin

"When your blade runs across one of these, it stops your skates dead in their tracks."

"Wait, one sequin did all of this?" Buck asked, not believing it.

"A wardrobe malfunction can be the most dangerous part of figure skating."

"Cap? Um, how come you know so much about figure skating?" Hunter asked with a smile growing on her face as she awaited the answer. She liked seeing this passionate side of him, it made for good entertainment.