forty seven

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter forty seven.

HUNTER STOOD NEXT TO THE Santa that laid out across the stretcher

HUNTER STOOD NEXT TO THE Santa that laid out across the stretcher. Both of her hands were covering her mouth as she was trying not to laugh at the situation in front of her. Her captain was awe struck himself, trying not to yell at the boy.

"Did you just tell my kid Santa isn't real?"

"Uh, no, no," Buck quickly said as he stood up to full height, "I was - I was just explaining that this santa isn't Santa."

Hunter had to do her best not to break down right there and laugh as the panic grew higher in Buck and the children looked more and more distraught. Bobby had practically pushed the blonde away from the scene as they loaded Santa into the ambulance.

"Stop laughing."

Hunter looked over at him, face red from lack of proper air flow, "what are you going to do? crush my hopes and dreams? Seems like you're on a roll with that today."

"I'll throw you out of the fire truck—"

"Buckley, I'll curb stomp you," Hunter retorted with a shrug.

Buck glared at the blonde all the way back to the station, she could hardly keep herself together. The smile she held normally would have pissed him off but because it was Hunter, he found himself fighting to not smile back.

If she was being honest, she was surprised that the boy didn't still believe in Santa. She was not surprised, however, as she watched him from the Diaz's table later after their shift was through.

"Is that why you invited us here?" Hen asked, nodding her head to the boys sitting in the living room, "to cram as much Christmas cheer in between now and then?"

"Well, yeah," he said with a sigh before letting his eyes light up with a smile as he looked at his kid, "And I thought it would be nice to get the boys together for a playdate."

Hen sighed looking at them, "Yeah... all three of them."

Hunter laughed as she sipped on her coffee, eyes glancing at Buck who was whipping the ginger bread house frosting in a container for the other boys. Eddie furrowed his eyebrows, looking over at the blonde who wasn't quite herself, "Hunter, I figured you'd be down there trying to make a ginger tank or something," the man joked.