twenty three

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter twenty three.

HUNTERS MIND WAS STILL THINKING of the poor worker who had accidentally trapped himself inside of a Christmas package and boarded cargo on a plane

HUNTERS MIND WAS STILL THINKING of the poor worker who had accidentally trapped himself inside of a Christmas package and boarded cargo on a plane. She knew damn well he'd never get near another tight space after that.

She'd rather be out on calls than handling and collecting Christmas gifts. Don't get it confused, Hunter loved (well behaved) kids but of course, at one point in her life she figured her and Lane would have a couple running around. But she didn't like crowds and she sure didn't like new people.

"Awe, thank you, honey," she said while accepting the gift from the girl who held a bittersweet look on her face.

Hunter looked over towards Buck who had a large grin on his face as he talked to the kids. However both firefighters became distracted as a woman walked up to Eddie.

Hunter had pretended she wasn't listening at first but her head snapped up when she heard the woman spit out, "We can actually have a conversation that doesn't end up with us in bed."

Hunter and Buck both looked over at him with wide eyes as his jaw dropped and he looked around to see who had heard. Both of his friends quickly dropped their heads going back to the donations as Eddie said, "follow me."

"At least he's getting some," Hunter mumbled lowly.

Buck scoffed, "oh, like you aren't."

"What's that supposed to mean, Buckley?" Hunter furrowed her eyebrows with a scowl.

"Don't act like you don't know-"

"Uh, I don't," she confirmed, "but it seems like you do. So what do you know about my sex life that I don't?"

"I saw you at the bar-"

"Oh, oh," Hunter laughed darkly, "I'm surprised you even remembered me being there with you gettin your dick wet in the bathroom-"

"Hey, maybe this isn't the best play for this conversation," Chimney chimed in, trying his best to avoid confrontation but at least quiet them down in front of the children.