thirteen - season two

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter thirteen.
         season two.

THE 118 ALREADY HAD a crazy shift of non stop calls last time Hunter was on duty

THE 118 ALREADY HAD a crazy shift of non stop calls last time Hunter was on duty. First, a tourist bus landed into the side of a house all due to shitty driving. Next, they treated a diner fight between two men. Hunter had to say, that's the first time she had even seen a fork through a hand. A knife? Sure. A fork? Never. Hell, Hunter had thrown a few knives in her day, but never a fork.

Her and buck then had to fish a hand and an arm out of a pool, which was an interesting start to the day. Lastly, an mistake made by a trainee technician led to fire spitting out of manholes all around the neighborhood. Hunter entered the building again for her second shift that week and walked over to where she saw her favorite team members, plus Buck.

"They are only picking one candidate from each station."

"Oh are we talking about the hot firefighter calendar? I've been looking forward to that," Hunter sarcastically said as she joined the group.

"Yeah," buck said, "pretty soon, Calla, I'll be posted on your fridge."

Hunter rolled her eyes at the boy's antics but quickly forgot about it as her thoughts changed, "oh, fuck me."

"Listen, Calla, I know I promised Bobby I'd try to be nicer but that's a little much," Buck cockily said with a smile but Chim cut him off.

"That is a beautiful man."

"Where's the lie? And I like girls," Hen agreed as she looked at the man pulling his shirt on from across the room. Hunter nodded in agreement. Her eyes traced over the man and his arms as she watched him adjust how the LAFD shirt sat around his waist and tucked the front into his pants behind his belt buckle.

Bobby laughed at the look on Bucks face before explaining, "It's Eddie Diaz. New recruit. Graduated top of his class just this week. Guys over at Station Six were dying to have him, but I convinced him to join us."