thirty seven

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter thirty seven.

"Are you behind this shit?" Hunter rolled her eyes at the question as she poured herself a cup of coffee

"Darlin' you're gonna have to be more specific."

"Calla, tell me why there's a four foot tall Diaz in my kitchen-"

"Oh!" Hunter said, suddenly understanding, "yeah, well, it was mostly Eddie. Not me."

"Yeah," Buck scoffed over the over, "I gathered that when I was drug out of bed."

Hunter could just picture Buck gesturing his arms around with a frantic expression, whispering slightly as to not tip the child off about the phone call. "In our defense," the blonde started before taking a sip of her coffee, "we've all been worried about you."

In terms of recovery, Hunter was practically fully healed but her doctor didn't want to risk re-injuring her shoulder and as of now her ribs weren't giving her any trouble. She was fine with being off duty for another week or two, it gave her time to relax and not worry about working.

Buck on the other hand felt very different. He didn't see why he wasn't allowed to be officially reinstated. His entire life revolved around being able to put on his uniform and help people.

"Okay, then, shouldn't they be worried about you-"

"Buckley, one of us willingly gets out of bed in the morning. The same can't be said about you," she joked, hoping up on the counter and putting the phone on speaker, "now go and make sure Chris has a good day-"

"What do I even do with him?" Buck asked, panic was evident in his voice.

"Take him out or something. Kids love parks and ice cream— hell, you do too."

"Yeah, thanks," he sarcastically said, she could practically hear him rolling his eyes, "maybe I'll just take him to the pier. he'd like that, right?"

Hunter chuckled before responding, "yes, I think he'd love it. Besides buck, he'd love spending time with you."