fifty

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter fifty.

"GOD I FOLD LIKE A CHEAP HOOKER

"GOD I FOLD LIKE A CHEAP HOOKER."

Hunter threw her cards down onto the dinning room table in frustration as she leaned back in her chair and ran a hand over her face.

Josh sat in anticipation as he watched the two Buckley's stare at each other. Somehow, they had been roped into a poker night. Hunter could feel the patients running thin in both Chimney and Josh too.

There was only enough room for four at the table so Hunter sat squished in a chair next to the Buckley boy. She could easily see his cards, Hunter didn't think he would win.

She was proved right as they both laid down their cards, Buck stupidly going all in on his chips, while Maddie laid down a straight flush. "How does the keep on happening?" He groaned out, throwing his hands up in disbelief.

"Cause you suck at poker," Josh pointed out but quickly spoke again when he noticed the look on Buck's face, "spoken by someone who also sucks at poker."

"Yeah..." hunter nodded, laying a sympathetic hand down on both of their shoulders, "maybe you guys should stop while you're ahead... well, you're not ahead but you get the point."

"Who needs more wine?" Maddie asked, looking around as she stood to leave for a moment.

"I'm gonna need something stronger," Buck joked as his sister walked away.

Hunter chuckled as she reached down into her boot, pulling out her flash as patting it into his chest, "I always got the covered."

Josh looked at her in surprise while Buck opened the container, "I like you," he said while pointing at the girl before turning towards his friend and coworker, "Thanks again for having me, this is fun."

"Well, all our couple friends were busy, so we figured we would target solos."

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were setting us up," Josh pointed out suspiciously, "and no offense Hunter, but you just aren't my type."