thirty one

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter thirty one.

Hunter laid in the hospital room alone, starring at the ceiling

Hunter laid in the hospital room alone, starring at the ceiling. Alexa had just left and the 118 had already made their rounds. Her brother had tried to get time off, but that request wouldn't be granted by the Army anytime soon. She hadn't even bothered to contact her mother, it would have been futile anyways. Maddie Buckley had also made sure to stop in and say hi to her friend. The oldest Buckley had stayed for awhile and helped Hunter get a few laughs in, which hurt immensely.

The last time that Hunter had an extended stay in a hospital ended with the one career she fathomed her entire life being washed down the drain. Hunter could practically her the words of her commander saying "Callahan, you're not going back," ringing in her ears.

The doctor had met with her earlier in the day. In all, Hunter had broken three of her true ribs of the right side of her body. Not only did she separate she shoulder, but it was also dislocated from her hard fall onto the ground. And the last major injury included one of the screws from after she was shot in the hip had been dislodged. When she had arrived at the hospital, her hip bone was practically protruding.

It was at least three months until she would be back to full health, or majority at least - that was only if her shoulder didn't need surgery. Sitting in a hospital or in her bed for that long would surely drive her crazy.

"Hunter," a soft knock at her door managed to grab Hunter from her thoughts and bring her back to reality. By now it was later in the day and the sun was soon to set, not that the blonde could see the sun anyways. In walked a nurse who smiled warmly at her, "how would you feel about taking a trip?"

Hunter let out a soft chuckle before stopping and groaning in pain at the pressure she felt against he ribs and lungs. "I'd love that."

"Alright, let's get you up," the nurse said as she grabbed a wheel chair, "your hip will make this difficult but I know you can do it."

The nurse wasn't lying. Even just sitting up was incredibly painful but Hunter swore to push through it if it meant she got the leave the room, even for a short amount of time.

𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨. Evan Buckley ¹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara