fifty two

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter fifty two.

Hunter rolled over with a groan, throwing her arm over her eyes to block out the rising summer sun that crept in at ungodly hours

Hunter rolled over with a groan, throwing her arm over her eyes to block out the rising summer sun that crept in at ungodly hours. Begrudgingly she got out out bed, sparing a passing glance to the peacefully sleeping blond next to her.

The woman sighed, turning her head to find some clothing that wasn't left over from the previous night. She ultimately settled on a pair of shorts she had unknowingly left in Buck's apartment at a previous date and threw on an LAFD shirt that wasn't hers.

Hunter made her way down the stairs as quietly as possible in hopes of letting the man keep sleeping. It was only a few minutes after six and while she was regrettably an early bird, he was not. Hunter figured it was best to get her morning run out of the way before the heat began hitting hard, shutting the door behind her as she left.

It was an hour and six miles later that she stood outside of the Buckley apartment door again while turning the workout on her watch off. She tried to quietly open the door, assuming the man she had left behind was still sleeping. She was beyond surprised to see Buck at the counter, hair still disheveled as he drank his coffee but paused as he made eye contact with Hunter.

"Uh, I, uh— you came back?"

Hunter looked at him, wide eyed and confused, she breathlessly panted out, "yeah?"

Buck nodded, eyes flickering between his cup and the stunned, sweaty blonde, "I, uh, I woke up when I heard the door and had thought... you had left," he admitted.

Hunter shook her head, walking over to grab a cup with the intent of getting water, "I just went for a run," she assured, that much was evident for the boy however.

"I see that now," he gestured to her with his free hand, "didn't know for a little bit if your were just gonna dip," he shrugged.

"Why would I do that?" Hunter asked, smirking. There was a rising redness on Buck's face as he tried to explain his thinking without going into detail and recounting the nights previous events.