2 - the meet

Nervous, I'm so nervous. Im getting ready for the meet, my mom picked out what I would be wearing but I absolutely hated it. She picked a beige dress that went down to my knees. It didn't sit right and the colour was aweful.

I decided to change into a forest green silk dress, slipped on black heels, and curled my hair. I looked my self over and over agin in the mirror hoping that maybe I could make some minor adjustments to my physical appearance to really make myself feel pretty. Sadly that's not how it works.

A knock at my bedroom door pulled me away from my taunting mirror. I opened the door and my father stood there looking proud.

"You look beautiful Millie" he smiled.

"I don't feel it" I tell him dropping my head.

"My dear Millie, you will make every boy in there wish he had you" he encouraged. "Don't worry my dear"

I nod in response, feeling comforted by his words.

I followed behind him down the stairs to the car where lily and my mom were waiting. When I got into the back seat, I noticed how beautiful lily looked. Her dress was pink and fit her amazingly, her hair was done up and it was pretty clear which one of us was the better option.

**
The drive to the venue felt like forever, my nerves not settling and only getting worse. No one talked, which also only made things worse for me. But it's not as if I would contribute to the conversation any how.

As I watched out my window i looked in awe at the palace we pulled up too. It looked like something out of a Disney movie, yes we live in the 21st century. My dad pulled up to the entrance and we got out, he handed the keys off to someone and they drove the car away.

I followed behind my dad taking everything as it comes. The beautiful people, the beautiful scenery, it didn't help the anxious feeling overwhelming me.

As we stepped into the building I followed behind my parents beside lily. We walked into a huge ball room and made our way to a table we'd be sharing with another girl from the vampire race and a warlock boy. We greeted them and sat down settling in.

The festivities haven't quite started yet, so I took a look around. A few tables to the left I could see Theodore. I couldn't quite take my eyes off of him, he was so handsome. He had a smirk on his face as he looked around the room. His eyes stopped when he catches mine.

I freeze and we stare at eachother for a moment before I realize that I'm staring and I quickly look away glancing around the room. Smooth Millie.

Before I can sneak a quick glance at him again, Lily squeals and hits my arm.

"Ow" I groan rubbing my arm.

"Look! It's prince joseph" she whispered to me looking over to the table next to ours.

I looked over and wasn't surprised when I noticed how handsome he was. He wasn't on the same tier as Theodore, but second best for sure.

As lily kept staring at Joseph I turned to look at my parents. But was confused when my mom stared at me with a puzzling look.

"What?" I asked.

"You aren't wearing the dress I picked out" she noted.

"It looked stupid on me" I confess to her.

She rolled her eyes and turned her head looking around. Me and my mom had a rocky relationship, she evidently preferred Lily over me. She was the better twin, always had been.

**

After what felt like an eternity of waiting for this event to start an older lady started to speak.

"Welcome everyone to the annual Choosing"  she spoke. "We are glad to have you all here, tonight marks the beginning of this years choosing and will be an amazing way for everyone to meet one another"

She went on about how things were going to go and different things I didn't care to listen too. I knew enough about the choosing since I've been waiting forever to finally have my chance.

After she spoke the festivities were finally allowed to commence. The maids brought out food to everyone and we all began eating, don't get me wrong my moms food is decent but this is amazing.

"You enjoying your meal?" My father chuckled looking at me stuff my face.

"Yup" i grinned.

My mother watched me with horror on her face, she definitely didnt approve of me stuffing myself. I looked over to Lily who picked at her food only really eating the veggies.

Once the diner portion was done, my sister dragged me along with her to mingle with different people. I couldn't quite keep up with all the names and I was getting a headache from all the buzz.

As she pulled me along to go talk to Joseph I moved in the opposite direction to the bar. I grabbed a wine and people watched.

There was a large group of people near the dance floor, I could just make out Theodore in the middle of the group of girls smiling and charming them all. I kept watching them, till he looked over to me and I averted my gaze.

"Not a Theodore fan?" A voice questioned beside me as I tried composing myself.

"I wouldn't stand a chance anyways" I chuckled.

"Well in that case, can I have this dance?" He asked putting out his hand.

I turned to the guy asking me to dance, he was handsome with shaggy blond hair and green eyes. I took his hand gracefully, and he escorted me to the dance floor. A traditional dance started and we lined up with the other pairs ready to dance.

We moved together around the room, talking and joking about all the other couples throwing themselves at each other. I learned that his names Leo, he's a vampire and didn't care to much for the choosing.

As the song came to an end we moved away from the dance floor and back to the bar. I wouldn't mind if we paired together, talking with Leo was easy.

"I can't wait till all of this is over" he sighed as we watched everyone buzzing around us.

"Really? I quite enjoy the choosing" I admit to him.

"You and every other girl" he chuckled.

"Would it be cliché if I said I wasn't like most girls" I smirked.

"Very" he laughed.

As we laughed at my aweful joke I noticed Theodore walk up beside Leo.

"Hello cousin" Theodore spoke in a deep voice.

"Hey" Leo replied nonchalantly.

"Not going to introduce me?" Theodore chuckled looking over to me.

I felt his gaze roam my body as I looked down at my drink twirling the liquids around as if it took all my attention to do so.

"Must I?" Leo asked annoyed.

"It's the choosing, everyone's fair game" Theodore smirked.

"Guess you have a point, Theodore this is Millie, Millie my cousin Theodore" he introduced us.

I look up to Theodore for the first time since he made his way over to us. His eyes were focused on mine making it hard for me to think about what to do.

"Are you mute?" Theodore asked with a chuckle.

"Dude seriously be nice!" Leo snapped.

"Sorry, I'm not good with introductions... it's nice to meet you prince Theodore" I politely smile putting out my hand.

He looks down to my hand and smirks. He grabs it and placed a soft kiss on my knuckles making me giddy.

"Please don't be so formal call me Theo" he smirked.

I nodded and then pulled my hand away realizing we were still touching.

"Well you to have fun, I must return to all the ladies throwing themselves at me" he smiled grabbing a glass of whiskey off the bar and turning away.

"Sorry about him, he's pretty cocky" Leo apologized.

"The girls swarming him, definitely doesn't help with that" I giggle.