15 - i keep hurting you

The drive felt long, like an eternity long. We didn't speak once and he never shifted back into his normal self. His rage radiated off of him and it filled me with rage as well.

How could he do that, after everything that happened at the restaurant how could he possibly be this angry at me!

When we got to the house I didn't say anything and went straight inside, but I could tell that Theo was hot on my heels as I could still feel his dark and rage filled aura.

"Mills stop!" He shouted.

"Fuck off Theo!" I snapped.

I didn't stop walking and made it to my room, slamming the door in his face and locking it. But that didn't stop him and he broke down the door.

"What the fuck do you want Theo! Go and spend more time with Lacy!" I shouted.

"This is about lacy? Seriously " he scuffed.

"Yes! You kissed her! You spent all day with her!"

"I didn't kiss her and I only spent the day with her because her father is apart of the vampire council, she was at the meeting" he shouted at me.

"Well you didn't push her away!" I tell him.

"Mills I was surprised it took me a moment to register that she kissed me!" He spat. "I told you I would never hurt you and I meant that, I like you mills and I've been trying to do better!"

I didn't say anything I was realizing that I wasn't getting the full picture. I reacted out of instinct and ran away without really talking to him about any of what happened.

"I'm so-" as I was about to apologize about running away, he zapped in front of me and pulled me into a kiss.

The kiss was passionate and hot, it escalated quickly into a full blown make out session.

As we pulled away panting he rested his forehead on mine.

"Ive been waiting to kiss ever since the meet" he sighed. "Im crazy about you Mills, please just trust that, I thought I lost you earlier, I thought you were going to be found dead, I had all my people looking for you-"

Before he could go on, I cut him off and apologized.

"I'm sorry about earlier Theo, really" I say. "I was jealous and raging at the thought that you were playing me at the same time as that vampire whore"

"You don't need to apologize Mills, I'll be honest I used to sleep around with Lacy, but that's over and I've dealt with her" he tells me.

"What about Joseph?" I ask.

"I'll resolve things with him later" he sighs. "We've been good friends for a long while now, I doubt something like this will ruin that"

**
After we talked Theo told me I could sleep in his room since he broke my door. I showered and changed into pajamas slipping into his bed and turning on the tv.

A while later Theo came into the room and flopped down on the bed as well.

"Well I called Joseph and he said everything was okay, and that he'll seriously come for me if I hurt you in anyway" he sighs.

It felt good to know that I had somewhere to escape if anything happened between me and Theo and I needed to get away. Obviously I know to only go if I really need too, as Theo will probably rip threw everyone like he almost did last time.

"Did I do that?" Theos concerned voice asked breaking me out of thought.

I followed his gaze down to my arm that was blue and black from where he grabbed me. I lifted the blanket over my arm to hide it, but he zapped over and pulled it down.

"It's fine" I say.

"I did that, I promised to never hurt you and I did" he said choking on his words.

"It doesn't hurt I'll be fine" I say.

He reaches down and lightly touches my bruise making me flinch and pull my arm away quickly. His face darkens and he shifts into his vampire.

"Theo I'm fine, I'm fine look" I say.

I put my hand over my bruise and concentrate. Elf's are gifted with healing magic, I took extra care on learning to heal. Which made this bruise a walk in the park to make better.

When I revealed to Theo that my bruises were gone and I was fine he slightly relaxed, but still stayed shifted.

"How could I hurt you" he growled.

"Theo it's in the past I forgive you" I tell him.

I'm trying to calm him down before he goes crazy and ends up hurting me or himself.

"I keep scaring you" he sighs dropping his head.

"Please just come and lay down in bed" I plead trying to distract him from his thoughts.

"No Im a monster, I keep hurting the one girl I want nothing more then to keep safe"

"Theo please come to bed, I'm begging you" I say opening the blankets for him.

He looks at the empty space beside me and gets in. Once he's comfortable beside me he pulls me into his side protectively.

"I need to keep you safe from me" he sighs.

Then I can tell he's fallen asleep as his breaking calms down.