9 - the butterfly garden

The morning came and I woke up feeling confused. Me and Theo kissed, I was almost take advantage of and I could've possibly been killed by Theo at one point last night.

I groaned as got up to take a shower too try and clear my head. The water was a nice relief and peaceful. After my shower I changed into a floral dress and left my room going down to the kitchen.

"Good morning" Leo greeted me as I stepped inside.

I looked around remembering what happened and felt shivers go down my spine. I didn't quite wanna be in this room anymore, but knew I wouldn't be able to avoid it forever.

"Hi" I greeted.

"Want some breakfast?" Leo asked kindly.

"Sure" I smiled to him.

He turned away from me and went about cooking something, I took a seat at the island and watched him cook.

"Here you go" he smiled placing a plate of bacon, eggs and toast in front of me.

I thanked him and began eating stuffing my face and finishing it within minutes. When I finished he grabbed the plate and set it down in the sink.

"Wanna go watch a movie?" He asked breaking the silence that was taking over.

"As long as it's not Star Wars" I smiled to him.

He laughed then nodded for me to follow him. I did and we made our way to the living room sitting on the couch. He turned on divergent which I was happy about and we watched the movie in silence.

As the movie ended I didn't feel like lazing around and watching another so I got up and turned to Leo. He looked at my curious still sitting on the couch.

"Let's do something" I say.

"Like what?" He asked.

"I don't know, what's there to do in Vaine?" I asked.

"We could go to the butterfly garden" he suggested.

I nodded excited to get out of the palace, Leo got up and I followed him out of the palace and to a car parked in the drive way. We got in and he drove off.

**
"Look at that one it's so pretty!" I gushed pointing to a butterfly sitting on a flower.

"Wow it is" Leo smiled coming up beside me to look at the butterfly.

The butterfly garden was a huge green house full of flowers and butterflies. It was peaceful and beautiful to walk around and look at all the different types of butterflies flying around.

As we made our way to the exit of the building after spending almost an hour looking around, we decided to take a drive around the city.

"That over there is the high school we went too" Leo pointed to a big building sitting in the middle of a park.

"You guys went to normal school?" I asked shocked.

"Ya just cause we're royalty doesn't mean we didn't get an education" he chuckled.

"I didn't mean you didn't get an education, i just meant I'm surprised you weren't home schooled or something" i state.

"I'm only joking with you millie" Leo said shaking his head with a smile.

I roll my eyes and we continue driving.

During the tour Leo would point out different spots and tell me about them as we would drive past. The best spot he showed me was a park where he found Theo so drunk he was passed out and had to carry him to the car.

I enjoyed my day with Leo it took my mind off everything that happened last night.

***

As we returned to the palace I noticed Theos car in the drive way. I actually kinda forgot I haven't seen him all day. Once Leo parked and we got out and made our way inside, i heard the living room tv playing.

We walked over and found Theo sitting on the couch by himself watching Peaky blinders.

"Where were you guys?" Theo asked, keeping his eyes on the tv.

"We went for a drive and to the butterfly garden" i told him.

He nodded his head and just kept watching the show. It was one thing for him to not look at me, but to not even speak to me after we kissed last night. How dare he.

As Leo sat down on the couch opposite of him, i left the room returning to my room. If he's gonna act like i barely exist then I can do the same.

***

It's been three days since the kiss and everything, me and Theo haven't spoken and I spent all my time with Leo. We've grown really close and so far I think I'm going to chose Leo as my pair.

Tomorrow is the next event for the choosing, i was told it was a date like event we're the women would chose someone to spend time with at the venue. I wasn't really sure what to expect but I knew I was choosing Leo, and after that evening I would be returning home. Thank god.

"Milieeee" Leo called my name as he flopped onto my bed.

"Ya sorry" I said shaking my head returning to reality.

"I was saying did you wanna go for a swim"

"Oh ya sure" i said.

He smiled then got up telling me he would be waiting for me at the pool. I got up and changed into my red bikini wrapping a towel around myself and leaving my room to go down to the pool.

When I got out there I found Leo sitting at the edge of the pool with his feet in the water. I set my towel down on the pool chair and joined him.

"Have you had a good time here?" He asked.

"Of course" i smile. Apart from Theo being a dick.

He smiles back then slips into the pool and goes underwater. As he does that I look towards the palace feeling as if someone is watching me and notice Theo standing on a balcony staring at me. It's been a while since I've seen him, I'm pretty sure he's avoiding me which really hurts.

"Are you coming in?" Leo shouted from the other side of the pool.

"Yup!" I shout back getting in.

I swim over to him and straddle him, my actions are the result of me trying to make Theo jealous as he watches us. I feel bad for using Leo like this but I want to make Theo upset.

When Leo dunks the both of us underwater I let go of him and swim back up. I looked at the balcony again and notice that Theos gone. He must have been done seeing us swim around together.

Once Leo comes back up for air I splash him, he chuckles and splashes me back.

**

After swimming me and Leo went our separate ways. I went to my room and showered and changed into pajamas.

I slipped into bed as the sun began to set and thought about my options.

If I am to chose Leo i know I would be happy and well taken care of. He's kinda, sweet, caring and adorable. But would i really be happy with my decision, would I be partly cheating my self and Leo for choosing him and not going with the person I have more feelings for. If I am to really follow my feelings i would be choosing Theo, but he doesn't even seem to be interested in me anymore. I need to talk to him, but not tonight.

I'll do it tomorrow.