16 - surprise!

I woke up the next day to Theo not beside me. I was conflicted about what happened last night, on one hand I feel like I'm supposed to be scared of him and on the other I just wanna be with him. I know I have real feelings for him and from what he tells me so does he, I guess I'll just have to take it one step at a time and figure this all out slowly.

I decided to start my day and go down to eat breakfast. When I entered the kitchen Ava stood at the oven the smell of bacon filled the air.

"Smells good" I said taking a seat at the island.

"Good because I made breakfast" she beamed.

Once she finished making the bacon she handed me a plate. She made bacon, eggs and toast and I dug in right away stuffing my face as usual.

"So what happened last night?" She asked bluntly.

"You heard?" I asked sheepishly.

"Well not only did we hear you screaming at eachother last night, but when he got home after the restaurant when you ran away he was full rage mode" she tells me. "He was breaking everything"

When we got home I don't remember anything being broken, the maids probably got to it fast and cleaned it all up before we returned.

"Sorry if it kept you guys up last night" I tell her.

"It did, but don't apologize... we just wanted to make sure you were gonna be okay" she tells me. "Now explain what happened"

I go on and tell her everything that happened. She reassured me that my actions were a reaction and that it was valid. Although it was nice to be reassured that what I did was normal, I still can't help but feel that it was an immature way to handle things.

"After last night why don't we have a girls day!" She suggested with a big smile.

"That actually sounds great" I tell her.

After breakfast we got changed into comfy cloths and went out to a salon in the city. Leo drove us and said he would pick us up whenever we're done.

**
After our salon appointment Leo brought us to get food and then we went home and watched a movie. Leo wasn't invited to watch, since it was girls day.

"I love Hunger games, humans are so creative" Ava smiled.

"That they are" I agree.

"Wanna watch the second one?" She asked holding the remote.

"Sure" I say.

She goes to put it on until Theo stepped into the room. Their was a slight awkward aura around the room as last nights events still hung in the air.

"I'll go grab popcorn" she smiled getting up leaving us alone.

"Hey" Theo greeted.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine" I tell him.

He looks down at his feet then back at me. He seems nervous, like he's not sure what to do with himself. I've never seen him like this before. Usually Theo holds himself with confidence and knows exactly how to act in every situation, but seeing him here now. I would have mistaken him for a different person.

"Im sorry again Mills, I know I fucked up majorly" he says.

"Theo it's okay, I told you yesterday and I'll tell you again it's fine" I reassure him.

"Well to make up for scaring you and breaking down your door, I have a surprise in your room" he says.

"Really?" I asked confused.

"Go see" be tells me.

I get up and go upstairs to my room. The door is fixed and when I go inside I'm shocked. The rooms totally different, it feels more like home now then it did when I was staying in it before. The walls were an off white, the bed had light green bedsheets. The decor was very much boho chic. It screamed elf in all the right ways.

"You did this?" I asked shocked.

"With the help of Ava" he confesses. "Do you like it?"

"I love it" i tell him.

I rush over to him and give him a big hug. When I pull away I see that smile I love so much.

Theo surprises me all the time and my confusion about him this morning is now gone. I love Theo and I wanna choose him, I know what he did was out of line, but he continues to try for me.

***

After the surprise Theo decided that we should go to a party. It was being hosted by some vampire and it was exclusively for people apart of the choosing.

"Wow you look amazing" Theo smiled stepping into the mirror behind me.

I smile and turn to him placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"You think?" I ask blushing.

"Out of this world" he smiles.

We stare deep into each others eyes and as we lean into kiss eachother, the door barges open and in walked Leo.

"Let's go love birds!" He smiles.

"Shut up" Theo rolled his eyes.

I giggle then turn to leave, but get stopped by Theo grabbing my hand. He spun me around to face him and he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Now we can go" he smiled.

***

We got to the party in no time, I was pretty excited to be going out. Usually we just hangout at the palace watching movies, playing games and stuff, so it was nice to get out.

Once Leo pulled up to the house, we got out and Theo grabbed my hand pulling me with him into the house.

He was greeted right away by everyone, all eyes were on us. Well all eyes were on him and all dirty looks from every girl in here was on me.

"Wanna grab a drink?" Ava asked.

"Sure" I smile.

I turned to Theo and told him we were going to get a drink. He nodded and we moved away from the guys going towards the dining room.