12 - Ava

I didn't try talking to him while he was angry, I was worried it would make it worse. I sat silent as he sped down every road, making my heart race.

The sun began setting and I was growing tired, after all the excitement that happened earlier I was feeling exhausted. I decided to lean my chair back and rest my eyes.

**
The motion of the car breaking woke me up from my slumber. I sat upright and looked outside, it was clearly past midnight as the sky was pitch black. I looked out my passenger window and noticed we were stopped in front of his palace.

"I'll grab your bag let's go inside" Theo said, before getting out of the car.

I got out after him and walked up to the entrance. I waited till he was beside me to go in. When we entered the house it seemed empty, no sign of Leo being around. I'll have to go and see him tomorrow, I kinda missed him to be honest.

As I lagged behind Theo we walked all the way to the room I was staying in. He opened the door and walked in setting my bag down on the bed.

"I'm sorry about earlier" Theo spoke. He had his back to me and faced the bed.

"It's okay, I'm used to my moms torment" I tell him.

"You shouldn't be treated like that Mills, you deserve better then a mom that shits on you" he snaps.

"Theo its okay, I'm okay" I tell him moving forward.

I rest my hand on his back and in a flash he turns around and pulls me into a hug. He held me close, making me feel safe in his arms.

"I'm not letting you go back there" he sighed.

I didn't respond and just kept holding him. I think he needed it more then I did, but I didn't mind. It's strange to think that Theos being so protective over me, maybe Lily was right, maybe I am the one.

***

Once Theo left my room and said goodnight. I sighed taking in the fact that I would be staying with him for who knows how long. However I knew that none of this was my dads fault and decided to call him to let him know what was going on.

"Hey dad" I spoke softly into my phone.

"Dear! Where are you?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm at Theos palace" I tell him. "I'm fine, I'm just gonna stay here for a while"

"I think you should come home" he tells me.

"I'm sorry dad, but Theos right... I don't deserve to be talked to the way mom talks to me" I tell him.

He stayed silent for a while, not saying anything. I was about to speak and tell him that I loved him till I heard my moms voice on the other end demanding for the phone, so I hung up. I know my dad would give into her and hand her the phone, which was the last thing i wanted right now.

Yet again I'm swirling with emotion, from basically losing my family, to Theos behaviour, I'm overwhelmed. All I could think to do was shower and sleep, which is exactly what I did.

**

Sadly I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, I replayed the events that took place at diner over and over again in my head. I don't know if I should be thankful it happened and got my wish to come back to Theos palace, or if I should be freaking out because I might have ruined everything with my family.

I'm just hoping that everything works out and if at the end of the day me and Theo don't end up together, I have a place to go away from my mom.

As the sun beamed on my face my bedroom door slammed open. I shot up in bed to see Leo standing in the door way his face beaming with excitement.

"Good morning" I smiled.

He rushed over jumping onto the bed and pulling me into a hug. I giggled at how excited he was to see me and hugged him back.

"I missed you!" He exclaimed.

"I missed you too" I giggled.

I felt so wanted being here, from Theo always protecting me and Leo being this excited to see me, it made me realize how unwanted I felt at home.

"When you didn't chose me at the event and then never said good bye or anything I thought something happened" he rushed.

"I'm fine and I'm sorry about not choosing you" I tell him.

"It's alright, I met a really nice witch named Ava" he smiled. "Actually if you come downstairs you might be able to meet her"

I looked at him in shock not realizing that he had her at the house. I pushed him off me and rushed to the closet with my suitcase to change.

"I'll be down in a sec!" I shout at him.

I heard him chuckle, then the door to my bedroom close.

I quickly changed into shorts and t shirt and rushed down stairs to meet this girl. When I burst into the kitchen I noticed her sitting at the Island turning around at my sudden entrance.

"Oh my god! Hi" I smiled.

"Hi, you okay?" She asked with a sheepish smile.

"Im more then okay! I finally have another girl here to hangout with!" I beam.

She laughed and I joined them as they ate breakfast. We talked about literally everything and I found myself really liking her. She's kind and smart and into Leo.

After we sat there for what felt like forever she excused herself to go and freshen up for the day.

"I love her Leo!" I exclaimed, as me and Leo moved from the kitchen to the living room.

"Then I better make sure I keep you a safe distance away" he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and sat down turning on the tv and putting on a random show.