4 - the ball

I woke up and felt excited about the ball later this evening. I would need to waste time till then so I changed into work out cloths and went for a run.

During my run I thought about Leo and Theo, weird to think that both people I find interesting are cousins and vampires. Talk about keeping it in the family.

After my run I showered and changed, I went down to the kitchen and made myself a snack.

"Your eating?" My sister asked shocked.

"That's what people do" I say confused.

"I'm not eating till we get to the ball, I don't wanna look bloated" she states.

I nod and walk away with my snack retreating to my room. I flopped onto my bed and turned on Netflix deciding to watch degrassi.

As I was about to start the second season I checked the time and realized I only have an hour to get ready. I groaned and rushed out of bed to take a shower.

After showering I slipped on my dress and did my hair and makeup. I checked myself over in the mirror and for the first time I didn't feel like I needed to change a million things, I felt pretty.

I left my room and went downstairs to find my mom and dad sitting in the living room. They wouldn't be attending the ball tonight which was nice because I didn't want my moms judgy eyes watching me.

"Dear you look beautiful" my dad smiled getting up from the couch.

I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Like a princess" my mom whispered, as if in disbelief.

I smiled and we waited for my sister to come down, she looked great as always. But this time I didn't feel inferior to her, I felt like I was just as beautiful.

We left the house and got into a limo that waited for us outside the house. When we got in I felt my nerves start up, just as they did when we were going to the meet.

**
When we got to the venue and stopped in front of the building the driver got out and helped us out. I looked around at everyone and noticed Leo. He smiled when he caught my eyes and walked over to us.

"You look beautiful" he smiled to me.

"And you look handsome" I smile to him.

"You guys are cute, now can we go in" Lily rushed.

"Ya sorry, Lily this is Leo" I introduced her.

"Cool, I'm only interested in joseph so let's go" she urged.

Leo chuckled then put out his arm to me, I took it and we walked inside. People glanced at us and made comments to the people they were talking too, but we paid no mind as we walked inside and talked about how good of a job they did decorating.

"Wanna get a drink?" Leo asked.

"You read my mind" I giggled.

I followed him through the hall and to the bar, the bartender gave us both our drinks and we walked away going to sit at one of the tables.

"So see anyone interesting?" I asked him wiggling my eyebrows.

"Maybe" he smirked.

I wondered if Leo taking such an interest in me meant he wasn't looking at anyone else. Surely he can't think that just because we started talking at the meet that we'd end up together. Right?

As the night went on we had a few drinks and I was slowly starting to feel like the alcohol was kicking in. It takes a while for elves to actually get drunk, so I was just buzzed.

"Let's dance!" I smiled, I grabbed Leo's hand and we rushed out onto the dance floor.

A more exciting song played so we danced around laughing and arguing about who had the better dance moves.

A few songs went by of upbeat music and a slow song started to play. As we were about to step closer together to dance, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Can I steal her away for this song?" A familier voice asked.

I turned and noticed Theo, he stood tall in his tux and had his hand out for me to take. I looked up at him and he had that smirk he wore so proudly.

"Ill go get another drink" Leo said before walking off.

I placed my hand in Theodore's and he pulled me close. He had one hand on my hip and the other holding onto my hand. We started moving around the dance floor to the song playing, our eyes locked onto eachother.

"You look beautiful by the way" he smiled to me.

"And you look very handsome" I smiled back.

"A lot of girls are jealous of you right now" he noted moving his gaze from my eyes to look around the room.

I looked around as well and noticed some girls staring at us frowns on their faces giving me death glares.

"Your popular amongst the ladies I see" I said teasing him.

"You could say that" he smirked.

We ended up dancing for two songs, just staring into eachother eyes. It was strangely intimate to be honest. Having him so close and making such deep eye contact with me, made me feel special.

"I should probably let you go back to Leo, he's been staring at us this entire time" he smirked before looking past me.

I turned my head and noticed Leo standing at the bar staring at us. I gave him a soft smile and he gave one in return his shoulder relaxing as if he was all tense watching us dance.

As the song ended Theo pulled away gave a small bow and walked off. I watched him go deep into the crowd before moving away from the dance floor and go Leo's side.

"You seemed to have enjoyed yourself" he noted a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Don't be jealous now Leo, we're all just friends" I smirked to him, having a teasing tone in my voice.

"For now" he added.

That was right, it's all just for now.