10 - picnic alone

Today marks another event for the choosing, when I got up this morning I got ready right away wearing a white flowy dress. I tied my hair partly back and slipped on some heels.

I wanted to talk to Theo before the event, to get what I had to say off my chest so I wasn't thinking about it later.

After I checked myself out in the mirror I left my room and walked over to Theos. I knocked and when I heard him say enter I opened the door to find him shirtless sitting on his bed.

"Oh it's you" he said noticing me walk into the room.

"You sound disappointed" I say with a frown.

"Can I help you with something?" He sighed.

"I wanted to talk about the night we kissed" I tell him shyly.

"It was just a kiss Mills, we don't need to talk about it"

My heart was beating faster as I grew angry at him. How can he act like that kiss meant nothing, he kissed me!

"Why are you being like this? After that night you've been so rude to me and I've done nothing wrong! Your playing with my emotions Cox" I shout at him.

"Lower your voice Evergreen" he scowled me. "What happened that night meant nothing, do you not remember I made out with that other not even 30 min before, and talk about playing with emotions, that's exactly what your doing to Leo"

"Fuck you Theo" was all I could think of saying.

He was right I was playing with Leo's emotions and it wasn't fair of me. I want to give Leo the chance to find someone that truly cares about him, not that I don't. But I don't care about him the way I know I should if I chose him. He's more like a best friend, then a lover to me.

**
After I left Theos room I went down and found Leo waiting for me at the front door.

"Ready?" He smiled.

"Yup" i smiled back.

We got into the car and we drove off to the venue. When we got there we walked up together and once inside I drifted away from him and hid myself away.

The days events began and all the women choose someone to go on a picnic with. I watched as Leo got chosen by a very beautiful witch, he seemed hesitant at first to accept her invitation but did when he realized I wouldn't be asking him.

I didn't ask anyone to be my partner and realized that st the end of the choosing, there would be one person alone. Everyone but me had someone to spend time with today and I was glad to see everyone joyfully sharing moments with their pairing of the day.

I picnicked by myself watching the others enjoy their time. It was actually kinda nice being on my own, I haven't gotten me time in a while.

As I looked around I spotted Theo with a beautiful werewolf. She had long red hair and green eyes, she was definitely more of Theos type then I was.

As the picnics began to end and people were retreating back inside I laid on my blanket and relaxed. I wasn't in a rush to return to the festivities just yet and wanted to continue being alone. But it didn't last long when the sun warming my face was blocked by a figure.

"Your alone?" My sisters voice questioned confused.

"Don't worry about it" I tell her.

"What happened with Leo and Theo?" She asked confused.

I sat up and looked around, everyone went back inside except for the two of us. I patted the spot beside me for her to sit and she did.

"Long story short, I felt bad for playing with Leo's emotions so I didn't chose him today and wanted him to get chosen by someone really interested in him and as for Theo well he's a dick" I tell her trying to hold back the tears of stress and exhaustion.

"It's okay, we'll find you someone better" she reassured me pulling me into a hug.

I started crying at that moment, not intentionally but because the relief of having someone to really talk to without judgment was so refreshing.

***

After my little cry session I whipped my tears and we went inside. Lily went back to Joseph and I made my way to the bar, I grabbed a drink and sat myself down at a table alone.

I looked around and saw Leo mingling with the girl he went on a picnic with, it made my heart happy that he was enjoying his time with someone. I wish I was.

When i averted my gaze from them, I spotted Theo he stood near the bar that girl beside him. As I watched them he made eye contact with me and I averted my gaze.

I got up from my spot when my drink was finished and walked outside again to get some fresh air.

"You okay?" I heard a familiar voice ask me.

I turned around hoping it would be Leo but it was Theo.

"Why do you care?" I ask annoyed.

"I saw you crying to your sister earlier" he said. "I just wanted to makes sure you were alright"

"I'm fine" I sigh.

I thought no one saw us, but I guess I was wrong.

"I didn't expect to see you alone at the picnics" he mentioned.

"Well like you said I keep playing with Leo's emotions so I decided to not invite him, he looks happy with that girl anyway so I'm glad" I tell him. "Now If you don't mind I'm gonna go"

As I start to move past him he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"I'm sorry Mills, about everything" he sighed. "I just didn't wanna get in the way of you and Leo"

"It's fine Theo" I say.

I didn't expect him to say sorry, much less tell me he didn't wanna get in the way of me and Leo. I wasn't sure what it meant for us now, but I wasn't going to get my hopes up. He was a dick. 

"Do you wanna get out of here?" He asked.

"And go where?"