Chapter 20: So much to catch up on!

Bethany's POV:

I was leaving for the park to meet Brad in 15 minutes. I sorta just wanted to talk to him and maybe ask if he still likes me... But that's kind of weird to just randomly bring it up. I also wanna catch up on some stuff.

As I got ready, i decided to change into some high waisted jeans and a crop top, since it was a lot more comfortable than my outfit before.

"Bye, mom! I'm heading to the park to hang out with a friend." I told my mom, running down the stairs.

"Okay, be careful, honey!" My mom replied, putting a plate in the dishwasher.

I put on my converse and walked to the park which was only about 5 minutes away.

Brad wasn't there yet, so I just sat on the bench waiting for him.

He came about 10 minutes later (yes, he was a little late), and walked up to me.

"Hey, Bethany!" He said, sitting down next to me.

"Hi, Brad. How are you?" I replied, smiling at him.

"Fantastic, actually. How about you?" He answered.

"That's good to hear... And I'm great! I guess, haha."

"Anything new?"

"No... Not really. You? How was tour?" I asked.

"Hmmm, it was fun."

"You don't sound to excited about it, haha. You okay?"

"Yeah! Everything's fine! Don't worry about it." He said, smiling at me.

"How's Connor, Tristan and James? I miss them!"

"Actually, they're great! I wasn't expecting to see you in L.A but if they would've known you were here, they would have came."

"That makes me miss them so much more!"

He just smiled at me and looked down. I could tell something was bothering him...

"You sure you're okay? If something's wrong, you can just tell me." I told him, half-smiling.

"Yeah... I'm fine. Just tired." He answered.

"Okay." I said, understanding.

My phone started ringing and I saw it was Ross.

"Oh, I gotta take this. I'll be back, sorry." I said, getting up to walk away.

I answered.

"Hey!" Everyone from R5 shouted.

"Oh, hey guys!" I answered, smiling, even though they couldn't see me.

"How are you?" Riker asked.

"I'm great. How are you guys? Excited for your first show?!"

"Yeah!" They all replied at different times.

"We miss you so much, even though it's only been a day." Rydel said.

I could tell she meant it.

"I miss you guys, too."

"Yeah... So, what are you doing?" Ross asked.

"Oh, just hanging out with Brad at the park. What about you guys?" I answered.

"Oh, um, we're just getting ready for our show, actually. We have to do meet and greets soon." Ross said.

Something about his voice made him sound a little upset... Maybe he feels weird that I'm spending time with Brad?

"Alright, guys, you're out on stage in 10 minutes. Be ready!" Stormie told them.

"Okay!" They replied.

"We gotta go!" Ratliff said.

"It's fine. Good luck, guys!" I answered, smiling.

We said bye than hung up.

I walked back up to Brad.

"Sorry, it was just the Lynch's and Ratliff."

"Totally fine." He replied, smiling.

I love hanging out with Brad, actually.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
HEY!
How is everyone?
Here's the next chapter ❤️
Hope you guys like!
Please comment telling me if you liked it or not, because I wanna know your opinions. Thanks!
-alexa ☺️