Chapter 10: hangin'

Chapter 10:

Bethany's POV:

It was 1:15pm and Me & Rydel had just gotten off the phone. Her and Ross are coming over in like 10 minutes.

"Sweetie, your friends are coming soon, right?" My mom asked.

"Yeah! They should be here soon." I replied.

"Did you want me to make you guys some snacks?" My mom said.

"Sounds good! Thanks mom." I told her, smiling.

She left the room to go make us some snacks when I heard someone knock at the door.

"Hey! Come on in." I said, opening the door to see Rydel & Ross standing there, smiling.

"Hey, what's up?" Ross said, entering the house with Rydel.

"Nothing really, my moms making us some snacks if you're hungry." I told them.

"I am pretty hungry, we didn't even eat lunch." Rydel replied, sitting in the couch.

"So, what do you guys wanna do?" Ross asked.

"Well, we could-" I started but then got cut off by my mom saying:

"Snacks are ready!"

"Coming!" I yelled back.

We all got up and went towards the kitchen table to eat. We sat down and ate some of the snacks my mom prepared.

"What's for supper?" Rydel asked, giggling.

"Actually, my mom should be leaving to the store soon with my dad, so, I think we can just order some pizza?" I suggested.

"Yay! Haha! Can I have a glass of water please?" Rydel asked.

"Yeah sure, but the water bottles are downstairs, do you want me to get you one?" I replied.

"No, it's fine. I know where they are haha. Do any of you want one?" She said to me and Ross.

"Sure, thanks." Me and Ross answered.

After Rydel left, it was sorta super awkward between me and Ross. He is sorta.... Staring at me?

"Um Ross?" I said, waving my hand in front of his face.

"...uh oh! Sorry, I got distracted. Soooo umm..." He said.

I'm pretty sure he knew it was super awkward right now... Which is strange because normally we can easily start a conversation but, for some reason, now we can't seem to start anything.

"Hey sorry. Halfway up the stairs, I dropped one of the bottles and it rolled all the way back down..." Rydel said.

Me and Ross sorta just laughed and thanked her for getting us some water.

"So, what'd I miss?" She asked, sitting down.

To be honest, she really missed nothing.

"Haha nothing really." Ross replied.

••••••••••••••••••
Sort of a cliff hanger😅
Not that good of a chapter.... Sorry guys!
-Alexa<3