Chapter 9

Ross Jacobs Jr. POV

This sexy woman before me is no other then THE Trina McMillan.

She came in my office looking like a goddess wearing that skirt and top. Those colors complimenting her skin.
Her skin so buttery smooth and beautiful that you can't tell she is  wearing makeup.

I saw her last night but seeing her in the daylight is better because I know it's not a dream. She is here in front of me. And I couldn't stop thinking about her all night long.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask her.

She looks up at me with her big brown eyes before smiling and looking away. "Yes, I slept just fine."

"That's good to hear. Well let's get to business." I say leaning off my desk and turning to it to grab the contract. While pressing my phone to buzz in Mrs. Janice.  "Janice, bring Hugh and come in."

"Yes sir." She buzzes back

"Here." I hand the contract to Trina before leaning back on my desk. "Look over this contract. My head lawyer and my PA are going to be our witnesses and my lawyer is going to finalize and validate the contract."

She takes it from me looking through it as my lawyer and Mrs Janice walk in.

"Alright, this can officially begin." I state.
"This contract states that I, Ross Jacobs Jr. will be hiring you, Trina McMillan as my new CFO. After the board all voted and agreed to this decision. Myself begin one of the board members. Along with Janice , Mack, and a few others who chose to be anonymous. In this contract you will make $373,000 per year. This is not including bonuses, or raises. This is also your starting pay."
As I state the pay I glance up to see her jaw has dropped and tears forming in her eyes. I smile as I quickly grab a tissue handing it to her before continuing.
"This contract will be good for 5 years. Until its renewal date. If you have done what is expected and we have seen positive changes in the companies finances, stocks, and decline in the liabilities then the contract will be renewed. If you are ok with this please sign the line beside my signature then we will have Hugh and Janice sign as our witnesses and Hugh will handle the rest."

She quickly signs her signature before dabbing her eyes with the tissue paper.
"Thank you." She says

Janice and Hugh takes their leave as I finish up the interview.

"Don't thank me, it's actually thank you. You're great at what you do and I and many other companies have had their eye on You and your skills.  I'm glad I caught you First and you chose me." I smile as I place my hand gently on her shoulder afraid I might break her.

"I will do my best but I have one single request sir." Trina asks as she stands up.

"I'm listening."

"Could you hire a few of my old management team members?" All of them were fired because of me and while some found new jobs. Some of my best are without a job." I watch as she fidgets. I could see that she felt entirely guilty and at fault for their job loss.

"Leave me their names and I'll have Janice give them calls. We are in need of a management team in our financial department anyways."

"Yes sir. Thank you so much sir!" She chimes as she pulls a pen and notebook out of her purse and begins writing names.

•Garret Coleman - phone number 4-XXX-XXXX
•Emma Holms - phone number 3-XXX-XXXX
•Rick Anderson -phone number 2- XXX-XXXX
•Joseph Ortiz -phone number 1-XXX-XXXX

"I'll get Janice to call them. In the mean time I will have Janice show you to your floor. And later this week I will let you set up interviews for your own PA."

"Thank you sir." She smiles brightly at me before walking towards the door. She pauses looking back at me before exiting.

I have never offered that much money to anyone before. But I'm confident that Trina is going to bring in money. Just like I would never just bring in a team but she trusts these people so I will as well.

Is it hot in here or what?? I loosen my tie as I sit back down in my seat. But unable to focus because my phone rings.

"Why the fuck do you still have my number?" I spit out at Lottie

"You never told me to lose your number you just told me it was over. Even though I'm still confused on why... baby it was a harmless joke." She hums over the phone

"Joke my ass. You're a sick woman and you need help. You were jealous of my daughter! Who is only two. Then you threatened to tell the paparazzi, therefore putting her in the spotlight."
" let's not forget that you were stealing money from my fucking business and you should be in jail right now." "So Don't bother losing my number I'll just block you."

"Well if you do that don't you think the paparazzi would love knowing that the new up and coming CEO/playboy millionaire is a single dad and his business may not be so, big and booming much longer." She threatens me

"You fucking disgust me." I say before hanging up,

New Text message:
6-XXX-XXXX: we're not over until I say so.

I just throw my phone on the desk and rub my temple. Good moments just never lasts long.

I could just get a hit on her ... but what would that do... someone's life would be on my hands.

I have the sudden urge to smoke...

Trina you're my biggest bet. No risk, no reward.

___________________________
A/N* Lottie is scum 🤷🏾‍♀️
Jonathan > Lottie 🤷🏾‍♀️

-chuu💋