Chapter 41

Trina P.O.V

The fear that I felt was indescribable as my sister drove us to Ross' house because I was distraught and unable to drive.

The ride there felt like an eternity as I heard his labored breathing on the phone as he attempted to comfort Anais who was crying again after noticing her daddy bleeding.
"I-ts, okay..., huff, daddy-s, huff, okay."

I had already texted Mack and luckily he was up. He only texted three letters 'OTW'.

"I think we're here." She says as we pull to the gated driveway.

"Ross, we're here baby what's the access code." I say anxiously. "Ross, baby what's the code?" I repeat.

"14-." He struggles to get the rest out.

"14? What's the rest baby, I'm right outside" I tell him as I panic.

"14-37-...09 enter." He pushes the words out.

Taleah quickly punches in the numbers and the gate opens for us and she speeds in pulling up to his huge house.

As we quickly exit the car, we run to the side entrance door that the men used to break in to the house.

"Ross!? Anais!?" I shout as I run up stairs.
I hear weeping and follow her cries, as my sister follows closely behind. Upon entering the room I gasp as I see three dead men over on the floor and Ross is sitting up against his bed.

As soon as Anais sees me she runs to me crying.
"Is m-my d-daddy gonna be O-KAY!?" She weeps as she tried to force out her question.

"Yes baby, he's gonna be okay. Can you do me a favor and go to Auntie Leah? She's going to help you calm down." I say calmly but she grips tight to me.

"Hey honey, I know you're scared but I'm going to help you clean your hands and calm down. Is that okay? We are just gonna go right there to the bathroom." Leah points showing Anais the bathroom.

At first she is steadfast with her grip but she loosens it and goes to Taleah. "Come on baby, your daddy is going to be okay."

Anais begins balling again as she walks with my sister to the bathroom. "I j-ust w-want -im to be O-KAY!" She forces out again.

This poor baby is traumatized, and it hurts my heart so bad.

I run over to Ross as he is unconscious now. "Ross, baby please wake up." I hold his face as I look over his body. He was bleeding from his shoulder and his right side.

"What do I do? What do I do?" I begin to sob.

Frightening me he softly groans "B-leeding... huff, s-top it. huff, th- bl-eeding." He goes in and out of consciousness again.

"Right! Right!" I panic as I carefully pull off his shirt. My hands begin to shake as I see the amount of blood that soaked in the shirt and that was leaking from his bullet wounds.

I quickly run to his bathroom grabbing the first towels I see and going back to Ross.

I carefully press both the towels against his wounds applying pressure as he flinches breathing heavily for brief moments.

"Where the fuck is-." I began to say before I hear shouting and loud foot steps from downstairs.

"Ross!?" I hear Mack calling as I hear running footsteps.

Ross busts into the room with at least eight other men, an older man, a medic, and Ross father, Senior.

"Thank you Trina, you did amazing we got it from here." Senior tells me as he removes me.  The medic then takes my place having the men lift Ross onto the bed . The other men begin searching the dead men on the floor before carrying their bodies out of the room.

I just stand back with shaken hands.

I can't believe that this happened, who could have done this... it just doesn't make sense. I knew that if I enjoyed this type of happiness something bad would happen. I knew it would be short-lived, maybe I've done something in the past life to be rewarded such bad karma.

I began to shed tears over the situation as I hear Ross begin to yell from the pain of the medic pulling the bullets out with no anesthesia.

"Oh my God!? What happened here???? And Where is Anais?" Out of the blue Ellie and Ross' mom Denise shows up.

"Denise! I told you to wait down stairs, and Ellie what are you even doing here? I thought you were out of town again."

"How could I wait downstairs while my son is screaming bloody murder." Denise covers her mouth as she witnesses Ross. "Why aren't they using anesthesia??"

"Dear, if they give him anesthesia now his heart will fail because it's already low due to blood loss." Senior explains. "Once they can pull the bullet out to stop the bleeding, we'll get him to the private hospital and stitch him up.

"I just can't take my sons crying." She weeps

"Go downstairs, amore." He says nodding to the men that followed her upstairs to take her back down.

"Okay, but first we need Anais." She looks at me.

"She's in the bathroom with my sister." I say as Taleah is carrying a sleeping Anais out.

"She is completely traumatized." Leah says handing her over.

Ellie quickly grabs Anais. "There are two of you?" She says looking at me and Taleah.

Huh? What's that supposed to mean? Do we have unspoken beef? I look at my sister then back at Ellie.

"Come down stairs with me Trina, I know this must be unpleasant for you." Denise grabs me gently and I grab my sister.
"And Ellie take Anais to our house."

"Okay." Ellie says then takes a second look at me and my sister before walking away with Anais.

"What's her problem?" Taleah says. "I understand the given situation is stressful but..." she shrugs in annoyance.

"Don't mind Ellie. She's always been protective of Ross and now she is protective of his daughter." Denise says. "I can't explain her comment but I will get down to the bottom of what she meant."

I just look at Denise trying to hold back my tears. "There's is just no escape?"

"Even if one generation, or even 5 generations live peacefully there will always be one somewhere that wishes for chaos." She says as she pulls me in an embrace and Leah hugs me from behind.

Faintly I can still hear Ross' screams, for eternities and eternities I will still hear the screams.
———————————————————————————————————
A/N: Childhood trauma starts at home 🥺
Trina: Why so dramatic T.A 😅 (holding Ross by the shirt collar)
Ross: Let me at her, let me at her! (Struggles against a strong black woman)
A/N: Hey Ross. 🙂 Queue the music 🙃
Trina: Not letting this one go huh?
A/N: Nope 🤪🥹

Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️.
-Chuu💋