Chapter 29

Trina McMillan
As we're pulling up to to this big building in downtown Houston I am struck with awe.

Holy shit!

"This is the place?" I stare wide eyed at Ross.

"Yes, haha." He laughs while pulling to the side so the bell boys can unload my suitcases and boxes from his Range Rover.

"It's like marvelous!" I ooze at him.

"What, did Wyles not have something like this?"

I suck my teeth at his question. "You beat him 100 times over." I say as I get out. Behind us was my parent and siblings who followed us to my new home.

"Good sir, you will be putting my daughter here?"  My father asks and without giving Ross a chance to answer her says "God bless you."

I just smirk as we head in.

"Hello Mr. Jacobs long time no see." The door man says as he opens the door.
Ross nods and walks through with us following.

As we walk through the lobby most of the staff greeted him by name.

"Ross everyone knows you." I say lowly as we get onto the elevator.

Ha! Would you believe me if I said the elevator had a bell boy in it too,to push the buttons... I'd think I was in a movie.

"Will it be the top floor sir." The young man ask.

"Yes and thank you." Ross answers before responding to me.
"The whole building is owned by my mother." He speaks calmly. "But the operations is run by J&Co."

"So all of these people are..." I begin but he finishes my sentence.

"Yup they are our employees. Your department does accounting and audits on this building all the time."

Our employees
I smirk at that comment before responding. "Now I know what the &company part is."

He is truly the business man with his foot in the door of many operations, but without monopolizing.  He is part of technology, advertising and marketing, and now I realize also housing.

"You're truly amazing" I say looking him deeply in his eyes.

He then takes a deep breath before patting himself on the chest softly and giving me a smile.

Ding the door opens and we walk out of the elevator and down the hall. And there consisted of one giant door.

Another ding happens as the second elevator door opened and out poured bellmen and their carts full of my suitcases and boxes.

"Trina, you do the honors." Ross says giving me the key as I put it in the door handle to unlock the door. He then twists the knob pushing the door open.

Words cannot describe how beautiful it looked as i walked in there was a beautiful entrance way that gave way to full view of the balcony and over the city.

I can't wait to see the view at night.

"Oh my goodness." My mom mumbles out.