Chapter 20

Trina POV

I can't believe I'm going on this blind date. These things never end well or work out.

At least I look damn good.

I check myself out in the entrance mirror before walking up to the greeter at the restaurant.

I wore a sexy red dress with a plunging v neck to show my cleavage. Synched at the waist with a beautiful waist belt. My black oversized wallet, nude shoes, a simple gold bangle on my wrist, tiny hope earring and attention getting perfume.

And not forget my beautiful locs put up in a high bun with a side bang swooped into the bun as well.

"Hi, I'm Trina McMillan. I have a reservation." I say to the greeter.

"Ah yes Ms. McMillan. Your party is here as well. The hostess will show you to your table." He says to me as he hands the hostess my menu.

"This way ma'am" my hostess smiles.

I follow her into the beautiful restaurant full of bustling middle to high class people eating, talking and sipping on wine.

Ughh this is the type of restaurant that only serves water or wine.

I slowly die inside.

The only upside is the food is great... but expensive.

I sigh heavily ready to get this over.

"Here we are ma'am." The hostess stops at my table where a handsome black man stands up from rounding to pull out my chair.

"Thank you" I say to the hostess. Then gracefully gliding down into the seat.

"Th-Thank you" I blink up at the gorgeous black man.

If Derek Luke and Lance Gross were somehow combined together they'd look like this man. Absolute dark skinned goodness. Beautiful white teeth, and the dimples is what got me when he smiled...

I think I've been staring too long.

He smiles at me before speaking "Your beauty was definitely described to me but seeing you in person is breathtaking."

"Oh gosh, Yura and Jhené are something else." I say bashfully trying not to stare again.

"It was definitely your energy that put you over the top in my opinion." He says while taking a sip of his wine.

"Would you like some wine Miss?" Our waiter popped up out of no where. "Still need to look over the menu?"

"Oh yes I would love some wine please. And I would love the ribeye steak, cooked medium, Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a side of salad." I say before smiling at the waiter. "For my guilty conscience."

He becomes bashful before looking at my guest who orders the same thing.
Pours my wine then leaves to put in our orders.

"I believe I've been rude. My name is Fredrick Connor." He holds his hand out.

This name sounds familiar.

"Nice to meet you Fredrick, my name is Trina McMillan." I place my hand in his and he kisses the back of it sending sensations down my spine.

Oh God~

"Please, Fredrick is my father though. You can call me Freddy." He says in what sounds like an accent that really sent me over the top.

"Accent? Is that an accent I hear?" I sit up straight trying to hide the excitement stirring below my waist. But in turn poking my breast out.

He clears his throat before speaking.
"I'm from Trinidad and Tobago." My mom and dad moved me and my 3 sisters to the states when I was fourteen. "

"Oh I see! Three younger sisters? ." I begin staring at him. Before taking a sip of my wine. He does as well in turn.

"One older, two younger." He says. "But acted as older brother. Even when my oldest sister hated it." He chuckles.

"Well, I'm oldest, one little sister and two little brothers. My youngest is in High School. He graduates in May." I tell him.

"Cheers to that." He says raising his glass.

I tap mine against his and we sip as our food arrives.

The waiter places our food on the table and leaves. I then put my hands together to say a silent prayer. Then lifting my head I see an astounded Fredrick.

"Where have you been all my life?" He chuckles at me, making me laugh.
"You know no one prays before eating food anymore." He adds.

"I always give thanks." I say before cutting a piece of my steak and eating it.

————————————————————

We ate and talked for almost 3 hours. I didn't think I would enjoy this but the girls did good.

"This has been amazing and I really don't want to end this date Trina." Freddy says as we stand up.

"I've definitely enjoyed myself as well." I smirk up at him as I raise from my chair and he slides it in for me.

"I'm just leaving a tip and then do you mind if I walk you out?" He asks as he puts a one hundred dollar tip on the table.

He was trying to be discreet about it but I'm just too damn nosy and he's too damn fine.

He paid for both our meals and paid a tip. Wait Jhené did say he was a business owner.

"I meant to ask you, so what do you-." I begin to ask him but I'm interrupted by a familiar voice and Fred.

I look around my sexy date to see Ross sitting further in the back from where we sat with a woman and what looks like his daughter. I remember from the pictures.

"Hey! Freddy!" Ross slightly yells as he gets up. His daughter and the woman following behind him.

"Yo, man! Ross! What's the chances??" Fred says as he meets Ross midway. I follow behind with a feeling of sickness deep in the bowels of my soul.

They dap up and hug before Ross looks noticing me.

"Oh... Trina?" He says slightly loosening his tie. Looking back and forth between me and Fred.

"Hi sir." I smile slightly while inside I'm vomiting.

Why do I feel like I was caught cheating... or whatever?

So this is his woman. I look at the blonde girl who is standing beside him tending to his daughter.

Hmph.

"Yeah me and Trina had a mutual friend who set us on a blind date." He's telling Ross who is gradually looking as uncomfortable as me.

Didn't I say these things don't end well?

————————————————————
A/N: That awkward moment when you are in between a rock and a hard place. But you'd rather be under them.

⭐️💬🗣
-chuu💋